Episode 38: Better Days (Part 2)

Previously on 50☆Stars: America and the 50 States celebrate the 4th of July in quarantine. And now back to our regularly scheduled program.

~

Texas sighs, "I miss rodeo..."

"I miss Summerfest..." Wisconsin sighs.

"I miss the St. Patrick's Day parade." Maine pouts. "If Massy were here, he would probably say he missed that, the Boston Marathon, and the Olympics the most."

"Coachella... E3... Pride parades... Anime Expo... San Deigo Comic-Con..." California rambles on before letting out a long groan. "Why can't we, like, cancel the coronavirus?"

"I have a better idea." Connecticut suggests, "How about we cancel 2020 instead?"

"Yeah, let's pretend 2020 doesn't exist," North Carolina agrees. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but I miss 2019."

"Hey, does anyone remember Storm 51?" Nevada asks everyone while playing Fortnite with America and other states. "What a dumb yet simpler time."

"Speaking of which, how about those UFOs in April? Do you know anything about them?" New Mexico asks.

"Nope. I have no clue what you're talking about."

"Hm... How about Tony? Does he know?" He stares at the gray alien sitting next to America.

"Fucking bubu," Tony grumbles while mashing the buttons of his controller aggressively.

America laughs, "You won't get away this time!"

New Mexico scowls. "Are you listening to me?"

"Huh?" America glances back at him. "What's the question— TONY! NOOOO!"

"Hehehehe," Tony snickers while his character does multiple Fortnite dances.

New Mexico sighs, "Never mind..."

"I wonder if there's a parallel universe where the pandemic didn't exist," Texas mumbles. "Or, a universe where the outbreak was contained. If so, I would do anything to switch places with me in that reality, so I could go to the rodeo."

"I don't know." Nevada shakes his head. "There's a possibility the parallel universe could be worse than the one we're living in."

"How? What's worse than the pandemic?"

He shrugs. "Maybe in that universe World War III actually happened."

"Damn. I completely forgot about that," Tennessee mutters. "It's kinda funny how seven months ago we were making memes about it."

"I didn't think they were funny," North Carolina grumbles. "I didn't think Iran would back down from declaring war on us."

"Me, too..." America chuckles uncomfortably. "Surprisingly, that's not the worst thing to happen in 2020."

"If not for the pandemic, I argue the Australian bushfires were the worst thing to happen," says Iowa. "Those poor animals..."

"Yeah, that's pretty terrible," California mumbles. "Though, I still haven't gotten over the death of the Black Mamba and his daughter. I feel so sorry for his family."

Everyone lets out a collective sigh in low spirits.

"Aloha, everyone!" Hawaii arrives at the party, breaking the gloom with her sunshine-like smile. "Let's escape reality and play some Animal Crossing!"

"Yeah!"

☆☆☆☆☆

"¡Hola (Hello), bitches!" Florida arrives at the party, wearing a black polka dot, red striped tankini with a matching face mask. "Just got back from the beach. Anything I miss?"