Author's Note

Hello, Readers ~

To begin, I want to address readers who are keeping up with this fanfiction series. First off, welcome back! I'm happy to entertain y'all once again. This note isn't necessary for y'all to read considering anyone who has read the first volume is familiar with the format of these stories. As such, feel free to skip this note and dive right into this series. Once again, thank y'all for coming back to read more of my stories.

With that said, I'll now address the new readers who are curious enough to view this book among everything else I wrote.

As the sole author of this book and series in general, I want to thank y'all for checking this book out. If y'all want to get straight into reading the stories, feel free to skip this author's note. However, some of y'all may get confused or have questions regarding this volume's format. In that case, the answers to such questions are located here. As a warning, this author's note is a bit lengthy to read, but it does give a thorough explanation of the book's contents. Either way, I still hope readers enjoy my stories.

Anyway, below is a list regarding the contents of this book:

+ "America: 50☆Stars (Vol. 2)" is the second book of this fanfiction series. The first volume, aptly named "America: 50☆Stars (Vol. 1)", is completed and can be viewed freely to the public. Anyone can find it via the search bar or the author's profile. Anyone is welcome to read that volume before reading this one, however, please note the second volume isn't a sequel to the first one. Meaning, the first volume isn't necessary to read first because its stories are completely separate from the second volume. As a result, anyone can read the volumes out of order, and it won't affect their reading experience that much.

+ For the second volume (and possibly other volumes to follow), however, there may be references to the previous volume that mainly serves as a joke to get a laugh from readers who read the previous volume. For those who don't get the reference, it's no big deal. Just continue reading and enjoy the story as usual.

+ As mentioned in the summary, this book features OCs personifying the 50 States of America as well as the U.S. capital. They're the main characters of this book. However, some states may get more 'screen time' than others whether intentional or not.

+ In addition to the main cast, other OCs and canon characters will make minor appearances throughout the volume. They're usually shown alongside the subject of the story, so don't expect them to make regular appearances.

+ Speaking of OCs, I won't give them proper introductions in this volume or any volume in general. Think about it. Fifty OCs alone is a lot to take in. In my opinion, it is impossible to give every OC a proper introduction without making it boring or over 9,000 words in length. Therefore, I won't dedicate one or two episodes introducing the main cast.

+ To readers who wish to get to know my 50 States OCs, I have their character profiles in an OC book called "Hetalia: Guide to the Fifty States". The character guide isn't necessary to read beforehand. I trust readers can grasp the characters in this book alone despite a lack of physical descriptions and their characteristics. But for those who are interested in learning more about my 50 States OCs, the aforementioned guide is available on my Wattpad account.

On a side note, the same thing applies to other OCs. Their character profiles are in other character guides located on my Wattpad profile. Feel free to check those out if interested. Otherwise, such character guides aren't necessary to know before reading this book.

+ Both canon and fanon characters won't be referred to by their human names to prevent any confusion that may pop up. They'll be referred to by the land they represent.

One of the few exceptions to this rule involves showing Another Color or a Nyotalia in which case I'll mention human names to distinguish "1P!" characters from their counterparts. Such characters are rarely showcased in these stories, usually shown for the sake of the plot. But when I do show them, I'll be sure to list their human names at the beginning of the episode in case readers aren't familiar with such information.

+ Out of preference, the chapters in this book are called "episodes" because of this book's episodic format (similar to the Hetalia anime).

+ Such episodes are separate from one another. One episode may feature a short story revolving around a specific topic. Another episode may feature two different plots. Sometimes, a story may be divided into multiple parts (sometimes shown as Part 1 or Part 2 in the title of the episode). Just know this book doesn't show a continuous narrative from the beginning to the end of the book. It is essentially a volume of short stories.

+ Such episodes are short to long in length (1,000 ~ 5,000 words per episode).

+ Such episodes are generally written in 3rd person (either limited or omniscient).

+ Most episodes are comedic and lighthearted in general. However, don't be too surprised to see a serious episode on occasion.

+ From this volume onward, I'll be concluding every episode with a short 50 States version of Marukaite Chikyuu, a popular ending song that defines the Hetalia community. Despite being long ago, I hope readers can imagine the tune while reading the lyrics. Of course, anyone is free to skip them which is quite understandable.

+ Every episode revolves around a particular topic whether it be an event in U.S. history, a meme from pop culture, or a bunch of silly antics. Some people such as myself may not understand such subjects before reading the episode. As such, I'll always include footnotes at the end of every episode. Feel free to read them and learn something from those footnotes. Or, skip them entirely. Your choice.

+ Some episodes may be controversial and/or political in nature. For the most part, such episodes are written in moderate, unbiased positions. Of course, I am human. Some positions may stand out stronger than others, but I always keep in mind not to go to radical extremes. Overall, please understand these stories aren't meant to start fiery discussions, nor are they meant to convince people to lean toward one side or another.

+ Sometimes, there'll be a warning listed at the beginning of an episode. They're there either to caution readers of something that may offend them, or they're there to remind readers of something I don't want them to do such as setting fire to the comments section or replicating any dangerous stunts done in the episode. As always, I trust readers have the common sense to heed the warnings before making assumptions or accusations.

+ Every volume in this fanfiction series will have a total of fifty episodes.

+ After reading an episode, feel free to vote on them. I always appreciate it <3

+ Also, feel free to leave comments throughout the episodes. I usually read them whenever I'm checking my Wattpad notification. Sometimes, I may reply to them. As always, I love reading everyone's thoughts and compliments on an episode.

Of course, not every comment is positive. Sometimes it's critical whether it be correcting information on a topic or telling me a certain part of the story doesn't make sense. In such cases, I'll understand. I'm human, hence I'm prone to making mistakes on occasion. After looking into the matter, I'll be sure to reply to the comment and make corrections. Overall, such critical comments are fine to make.

What isn't fine are rude and hateful comments. I've never seen such comments to the point of flagging them for being inappropriate, but I won't let such comments stay if I do see them. I expect readers to have the common sense to think about what they want to say before leaving a comment.

+ As for the final bullet point of this long note, I want to remind everyone this book isn't perfect. I'm not an expert on comedy, so some stories may not seem as funny as I originally wanted. I'm also not an expert when it comes to U.S. history and culture despite doing my best to research the topics beforehand. Even though I'm always on top of spelling and grammar, there may be some spelling and grammar errors throughout the volume, all of which may be corrected in due time. Even though this isn't a perfect book, I still take pride in making it as entertaining as possible. Because all in all, if I can entertain just one reader, I've accomplished this series's purpose.

Overall, I want to thank readers once again for checking this book out as well as reading/skimming over the author's note. I love writing these stories. Hopefully, everyone enjoys reading them. Anyway, I'll let y'all read and judge this book for yourself.

As always, make pasta, not war ~

~ Jade