Episode 10: A Latte Pumpkins

Ding-dong!

British Columbia answered the door, surprised to see Washington at her doorstep. "Wash? What are you doing here this early in the morning?"

He lightly blushed. "Good morning. I thought we could hang out and share a nice breakfast if you're not in a hurry." He offered a Starbucks paper bag and two lattes in a cardboard tray.

"Oh, thank you! Um..." She checked the time on her watch. "I have to leave for work in fifteen minutes."

"That's plenty of time." He smiled. "May I come in?"

"U-Uh, sure! Come in." She allowed him inside her home.

"I got us some bagels and blueberry oatmeal. Is that alright with you?" He took the contents out of the bag and placed them atop the kitchen counter.

"Yeah." She pulled up a stool and sat herself down at the counter. "Is that all in the bag?"

"Yeah."

"Then, why do I smell pumpkin pie?" Her nose tickled from a spicy aroma in the air.

"It's the latte." He offered her the coffee drink. "Try it."

Staring at what was basically a cup of sugar and brown spices topped with copious amounts of whipped cream, she planned to take a sip and only a sip. One sip later, however, pushed her to drink more than a large mouthful. "Wow. It's really good," she mumbled, finishing the entire cup of cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, steamed milk, espresso, and sugar.

"You already finished it?!" Washington didn't know whether to be worried she drank the grande like it was a pint of beer or be enthusiastic she was head over heels for it. He went with the warm feeling in his chest and beamed, "I'm glad you like it."

"What's it called?"

"Well," he turned to the camera with the latte close to his smiling face, "it's called the Pumpkin Spice Latte which anyone can get at their local Starbucks! It's only available in the fall and winter, so get yourself a Pumpkin Spice Latte while it's on the menu!"

"Did you just use me for an advertisement?" She scowled at the camera she didn't notice until now.

☆☆☆☆☆

One day in October, Massachusetts felt like being a Masshole to people, so he searched Facebook to see what his friends were up and found his target.

New Hampshire

We just set the eighth world record with 28,952 jack-o'-lanterns! Awesome! 🎃🎃🎃

He snickered, "I'm about to end this man's whole career."

~ Hetalia! ~