Secret Not Secret

"Stop it!" Soojung scolded as Jongin splashed her who was standing by the pool. On the other hand, her boyfriend was ecstatic to see her reaction.

When I arrived at the swimming pool, both Jongin and Jongdae had been in the water. The swimming assessment was for year eleven, but Jongdae finally succeeded to make Jongin and Sehun agree to join us. When I asked Soojung why she wasn't swimming, she reasoned that she'd just got her hair cream bathed. And as she asked me back, I told honestly that suddenly I felt cold. I nodded when she asked if I was alright.

Miyeon who was excited jumped in the water as soon as she arrived with her brother who said that he didn't swim for a while. The siblings were seen talking with the brother gesturing something like he wished for a race.

"May!" Jongdae called from the pool. "Where is Chanyeol?"

And I could feel Soojung withdraw her eyes from the screen of her phone when she heard that.

"Why would I know?" I reacted.

I really didn't know. Perhaps, Jongdae just randomly asked me. But I wanted to hide my smile for the thought of Jongdae assuming I would know the answer.

I decided to sit on the bench and Soojung came with me.

"There was the best restaurant across the street when we were so young. Did you remember?" Soojung asked as she was plugging in the earphones.

"Yeah, I liked their chicken katsu most." She smiled and I remembered the days I would wear plastic smiles when she was seen with Chanyeol. It was so, so silly that I wanted to laugh at myself. "How was the event that your sister organised, the one you thought of inviting our track team?"

"I wasn't updated," she told and chuckled after that. "I forgot to talk to Ari. The next thing I knew, my sister had moved on to the next event."

I nodded. Then, I tried to spill what I thought about her.

"I didn't know that you're with Jongin until Miyeon told me."

"You guys gossiped about me?" If she didn't let me see her smile after that, I would've thought that she wasn't pleased because of what she heard. "The boys didn't even know like... until Chanyeol spilled it? I told him to keep it for himself but he surely the mouth of the group."

Knowing this fact, I started to assume that, perhaps, he had spilled Jongdae's secret to his other friends.

"That boy." A chuckle left my mouth, replaying the moment he asked me if I could guard Jongdae's secret in my head.

"Moral value: Be careful where to spill tea."

"Why? Because tea stains?" She laughed with me. "Honestly, I never thought that it would be Jongin. I thought it was Chanyeol."

Her eyes widened. I wasn't imagining when I saw her break another smile. "Why would you think of that? He's my best friend."

"Just a wild guess?" I offered when actually I thought that that day Chanyeol let Soojung wear his tie and took all the risks, so his girl could join the assembly.

She shook her head. "I can guarantee that my name will never be associated with his other than for a label of friendship."

Her relationship with Jongin aside, I asked, "Why?"

"Maybe you can ask him," wearing her earphones, she said and nodded to a direction behind me, so I turned my head and found Chanyeol with Sehun. But I was distracted by a dog in Chanyeol's arms. It wasn't Toben. It was a dog that I hadn't seen before.