Possibility

School was both the most attractive and avoidable place to visit at the moment. It wasn't even a joke when we were counting down to the end-year exam. Studying was more tiring than what we could remember.

Library was always full of students even though it was lunch time, but I wouldn't ditch my lunch as much as I wouldn't neglect what made me left behind.

I failed the last history topical exam, so I was reading my notebook while I was eating. It wasn't cool at all but I didn't care; I needed to fix my grades.

I was having a cup of ramyun in the cafeteria for I was getting bored of what our cafeteria offered.

And I was about to sip my drink when I felt a light kick from Miyeon. I hoped it wasn't because of the same reason.

She nodded to a particular direction when I met her right in the eyes. It wasn't surprised as Chanyeol was seen, walking alone to the end of the queue.

I met Miyeon's face again. "What do you mean?"

"What do you mean what?"

"Kang Miyeon, you know what I mean," I told. I received no answers and Miyeon thought she could eat her food again in peace. "Your pattern is predictable. But I don't want to be getting used to it. Maybe, tomorrow you can just try to call him to sit with us."

"Sure," Miyeon said as if we were talking about a challenge. Then, I found a smile on her face. I wanted to kick her shin. "He's alone and looks bored."

I didn't buy it. I kept reading although I'd be lying if I said that I could focus on my upcoming remedial exam after Miyeon supplied that Chanyeol wasn't wearing his tie. Miyeon stopped when I glared. Then, she darted her eyes to her food. But she opened her mouth again.

"Anyone in this school couldn't make it to the assembly without wearing a tie. What makes him special?" I treated Miyeon's question like it was something that would easily fade into the air. "May! What are you doing?!" But then, I heard that.

I gasped when I found my chopsticks steering a page on my notebook.

Panic, my hand did a very great move, causing the soup spill out of its cup.

I cursed and Miyeon couldn't control and she burst in a noisy laughter.

That was ridiculous. That was so, so, silly.

That was what I got when I put too much focus on staring at someone who didn't give me a glance.

Miyeon's laugh was still on the background when I collected my things before leaving.

I shouldn't have stared at him.

~*~

After the unexpected cafeteria incident, I did the remedial exam just to endure more embarrassment.

My history teacher knew that she wouldn't find my name on the list of the smartest students, but to find my name on the list of the students who failed on the remedial exam was also something that she didn't wish.

I excused myself after she gave me abundant homework to help me fix my grade.

It wasn't only me who was ashamed; my sister definitely would pretend that she didn't own me as a family member if she found out.

When I walked back to my classroom for the rest of the day, Jackson Wang from year ten called out, asking my opinion for Euro Cup drawing which I only replied with a wave of hand. I wasn't in the mood for that, so I kept walking.

I kept on walking until I heard someone call my name. It was Soojung. And the fact that I found her with Chanyeol (who was now wearing his tie) elicited a question of why she made me stop taking my steps.