Escalated

I zipped my mouth just like what Chanyeol requested. I didn't talk about the secret he shared with me.

Jongdae refused when Miyeon suggested having dinner after the show, so we parted ways right away. However, Chanyeol and Jongdae walked Miyeon and me to the bus stop. When Miyeon asked what they were going to do if they weren't going home, I told her to stop poking her nose in it.

And if it wasn't Junmyeon who pointed out that I came to watch Jongdae the previous night, nobody would talk about it. When I said yes to his question, he spilled more that he found out through their group chat. As I turned my back, I found Jongdae talking to Miyeon as if nothing happened when it was still clear in my mind how Chanyeol decided to send me a text, telling that Jongdae was beyond annoyed because Miyeon came with us. I apologised for that, but Chanyeol made sure that it wasn't my fault.

And in front of me was a boy who might be clueless that his best friend liked a girl that had a major crush on him.

And I turned my back again, searching for my best friend's eyes. But she wasn't aware of what was happening. She didn't even know that her eyes that were boring to Jongdae's could do something. When I was back to my notebook, I wondered if there was a boy who liked me like Jongdae liked Miyeon. I wanted to laugh for the thought.

When the bell rang for the lunch break two hours later, Oh Sehun entered my classroom like he had been waiting all along by the door way. And it wasn't surprising to see Chanyeol with him, but I didn't remember if he'd ever come to my classroom just to collect his friends to go to the cafeteria with him. But here he was stepping in my classroom as soon as my maths teacher left. His lips formed a thin smile as he walked passing by my desk. I smiled back at him.

"He's looking at you?" Miyeon said softly, enough for me to hear as she was helping me collect my pens.

"Who?"

"Gu Junpyo?"

"Huh?"

"The CEO's son."

I knew how we rolled and I knew whom she referred as Gu Junpyo. What I didn't know was the reason behind her decision to tell me that Chanyeol was looking at me. However, I didn't react to her remarks, not until we were walking to the cafeteria.

"How did you know that I was talking about Chanyeol?" She asked.

"First of all, what's your purpose telling me that he was looking at me-- not that it matters to me." I had the strong urgency to clarify.

I saw a smile on her face. "Calm, baby."

Then, I was back-tracking, evaluating if I overreacted.

"Why did you text me to join you guys watching Jongdae when you guys could watch without me?" Miyeon launched a question as she handed me a platter.

"Oh, right. You remind me that it was a bad idea. I shouldn't have told you that we were watching Jongdae." I knew that Chanyeol wanted me to guard the secret. I couldn't help but voicing that. At least, Miyeon wouldn't be suspicious about that.

"I see. I shouldn't have been third-wheeling you and him."

"What?" It wasn't what I expected to hear.

"I'm glad that you openly declared that you guys are friends. Don't deny that you guys exchanged small smiles earlier. I appreciate if there's development. But honestly, it escalates too quick."

"What are you talking about?" I meant as a protest as I was feeling the warmth creeping on my cheeks. But Miyeon just shrugged. The entire time we were seated for our lunch, we didn't talk about that. But I felt a light kick on my shoe as Chanyeol and his friends arrived in the cafeteria. When I demanded her eyes, Miyeon pretended that she hadn't just made me shy. And I silently asked myself why I felt shy in the first place.