Chapter 9: Daily Catch-Ups

Okay, this Izzy guy didn't make any sense. One day he was cheeky, jittery, and hyperactive, then the next he's serious and wants to be my best friend.

"I don't fucking believe it!" screamed Deborah, making everyone in the whole bloody park turn around and stare at us. We were on our daily-weekly-turned-out-to-be-monthly run, where I'd always end up having to drag Deb out of her apartment.

The reason why she'd screamed that was because I was telling her what Izzy had said to me the day before. And of course, she couldn't believe it. She just looked at me baffled.

"You know she's practically bumping uglies with Izzy Stradlin?" Deb randomly said to a jogger that jogged past us. The poor guy turned from a jogger into a sprinter after her crude remark.

"Jesus, don't say that!" I said incredibly embarrassed.

"Pfft! Why not? Soon, you'll end up ditching me for that sexy piece of arse and making babies and getting married and all that crap."

"No, we won't!"

"Yes, you will! You do realise that he is a "bad boy" and you know how well that went last time for you when you dated a bad boy!"

She was right.

When I was attending Film & Drama School, there was this guy who was the ultimate sexy bad boy kind of guy. I ended up dating this douche, and for a while, it was quite serious. I don't want to get into it too much, but it didn't exactly end that well to make a long story short...

"I know what happened last time. But with Izzy, it isn't like that. I'm pretty sure he just wants to be friends."

Not wanting to argue, she just rolled her eyes and got over it.

"Yeah, whatever... The last one to the car is a rotten egg and has to buy me lunch!" And without another second wasted, she sprinted off to the car park.

*

You wouldn't believe it, but what Izzy said before about being friends, he wasn't joking. Ever since our serious meeting of coffee, you know... the one where I nearly face-planted; we've been meeting up practically every day at "our coffee shop" as we both call it that now, for roughly a whole month now.

It's kind of funny really. You usually see all of the band doing interviews except for Izzy. You know why? Because he's with me chatting, and you know... as well as him not liking interviews one tiny bit anyway. Also, because he never does interviews, the media isn't that interested in him compared to the rest of the band, because the public hardly knows anything about him. I didn't know that much about him either, because he never told me anything besides him growing up with Axl and that he was a drummer before he played guitar, among a few other things. A few times I had tried to squeeze from him who 'Patience' was written about but he always got embarrassed and made me change the subject. Yet somehow, we'd always have heaps to talk about every day.

Another funny thing, Deborah was getting quite jealous of Izzy. Not because I was becoming very close to him, but she was annoyed that he ended spending more time with me than I spend with her. But it was better just being with Izzy because spending time with Deborah was quite draining due to all that bloody energy she always had stored up. Yes, I may have had the hots for him, but it was obvious he didn't for me and I didn't care. It means that our pathetic emotions wouldn't get in the way of our relationship.

Anyway, one day instead of being inside and drinking coffee, we took a walk along the Sunset, and all of a sudden he asked me a pretty nerve-racking question.

"Hey, I was wondering, did you want to meet the guys one day soon or something?"

"Ooh meet the guys, eh? You know I have seen them all before?"

He laughed a sexy laugh, and also I thought I'd tell you, that day he wasn't wearing sunglasses so I could see his whole beautiful face.

"Yeah, but like properly meet them."

"Yeah maybe? They all look kind of grimey though," I smirked at him.

He laughed again. "Yeah, but I am too," he smiled, "We're all pretty disgusting when we're together in the same room."

"Aren't all guys disgusting in some way?"

"Touché. Well, what about your buddy James? Or should I say, boyfriend?"

Oh, that's right James. Oof. I hate to say it but I had kind of forgotten about James for a while. He hadn't called me or anything; in fact, we hadn't spoken in over a month. I wondered where he was...

"Funnily enough, spending time with you has distracted me from socialising with other people in my life, so I haven't seen James- my boyfriend," I said trying to cover up, "in a while. I think I'm spending too much time with you, man." I joked nudging his arm with my elbow.

Izzy didn't respond. He simply finished his coffee and chucked the cup in the nearest bin on the street.

"Well, I think I'm going to call it a night- well afternoon." He said abruptly.

Shit! That caught me off guard. "Oh... ok-ay then. Well, I guess I'll see you same time tomorrow as usual?"

"No. I'll call you. Soon. I'll see you later." And with that, he smiled slightly, brought out his sunglasses from his shirt pocket, and walked away.

I was left there standing with my half-empty, now luke-warm coffee, feeling incredibly rejected. I had nothing else to do except go back home, so I plodded back to my place, which was always a good work out, stunned; trying to digest how abrupt Izzy was.

Holy crap! An update straight after another chapter!

Well, tell me what you thought, and I got the 'bumping uglies' quote from @YoureARayCatQueen . I remember reading it in one of her G N' R fanfics and I thought it was gold.

And I just realised that I've fucked up with Melanie's friend's name. For some strange reason I had changed it from Deborah to Lisa. So I apologise - I guess that's what I get for writing at 3am. I'm going to go back and change all of the Lisa's to Deborah's ... which should be fun.

Sorry for the confusion. I wish you guys had told me haha!

Read, comment & vote!