Chapter 28: Coffee Tables, Pea Packs & Apologies

"It's either me or the dog"? Seriously? Are you fucking serious?

Hi: I'm Melanie, and I just gave my sexy boyfriend an ultimatum to choose between his little doggie or this new bitch on the scene who's PMSing at the moment. Good one, brilliant idea.

Okay it really pissed me off that Ripley had stuck her head in my meal, and Izzy was too zoned out to notice it, and it annoyed me that he probably hadn't raised Ripley with much discipline, but, maybe I had overreacted a bit.

Izzy scoffed.

"You want me to choose between Ripley, who I've known since she was one-month-old, or you?"

'Or you'. That stung a little but I deserved it.

"Okay, maybe I've gone overboard." I winced.

"'Overboard'? You just asked me- you'd think I'd choose a human, some girl over my dog? An animal that I have a connection with?" Izzy narrowed his eyes and raised his voice.

Yep, okay really stinging now. 'Some girl'; ouchy.

"I'm sorry Iz. Look, forget I said that but can you please not let Ripley do that again? You two can share food, but I'd rather not." I said closing my eyes and holding my palms up.

"You want me to just forget that? I can tell you don't like Ripley, but guess what? She won't be going anywhere. So I'm not sure if this," he waved a finger in between the small space between our bodies, "will work. I'm not sure if I want to be with someone who secretly seethes about my dog being in the district." Izzy spat.

"You know slowly I'm discovering you're quite uptight; a control freak. I used to wonder how you were possibly single when I met you, now I know why."

"Okay, that's too far." I snapped pointing my finger at him.

"I've apologised, I know I went too far, but now you're becoming me and you're going too far now. I am not uptight." I said through my teeth.

"Don't lie, Melanie. You want everything to be in your control; you want everything to be clean. I mean you fucking cleaned my house, clothes and myself, you don't want to spread germs so you make me buy condoms and you don't want some microbes of dog spit in your food, you need to shower after everything including sex, and you want to change sheets after every time you have sex!" Izzy said with venom as he walked slowly towards me, pushing me back.

"I wanted you to buy condoms so you wouldn't get me pregnant! Also to not spread venereal diseases, but mainly to prevent us from becoming parents! Isn't that what you want? Or do you want a whole bunch of kids? With your career, I'd assume that the last thing you'd want is kids!"

Izzy blinked for a second as he searched for words.

"Don't change the subject." He yelled as he continued to push me back with words.

"You didn't answer the question, Izzy." I sneered, crossing my arms over my chest.

"It was rhetorical." He spluttered.

"No, it wasn't. If you're so disturbed about me making you wear condoms, stop wearing them and then I'll just get pregnant one day. How many kids do you want, Izzy? I'll just pop them out for you shall I?" I said now making him walk backwards.

"You're changing the subject; I'm not talking about procreation, I'm talking about Ripley. If you don't like her, well she ain't leaving, so I guess it'll be you that will have to leave. Because at this point, I'd way prefer to be with Ripley than you."

"Okay then, so now what? You want to end this? Because obviously I'm too uptight for you!"

"Well, I honestly think that might be the best decision. Hey look at that, you've actually made a good suggestion for the first time... in your entire life no doubt."