Chapter 2: Oh, There They Are

James didn't talk to me much after that, besides his call telling me where we would be filming the video clip in a few days. It's weird; James had tried to get serious with me a few times before, but I guessed I must have pushed him a little too far at that time. Is it that hard to be just friends with someone without creating a desire for each other? I think he's just trying to prove a point about relationships because I told him how I thought they were a waste of time. Seriously, who needs men anyway? The only thing they're really useful for is killing spiders that just casually chill on your wall.

I take my career very seriously and I don't need some mushy, lovey-dovey dude wanting to hug me and kiss me all the time... I really hoped I hadn't hurt his feelings too much. I love him dearly and I don't know who I could talk to if he didn't want to speak to me again.

Anyway, the one time he had called me not too long ago, he told me that we would be filming the video clip at Huntington Beach in the Huntington Ballroom, and the concept would be that it would look like the band would be rehearsing the song. I did do some research on 'Guns N' Roses' and I honestly thought they took themselves way too seriously. It was like they were trying too hard to be like the notorious rockers they grew up listening to. Drugs, alcohol, and women; lots of them... But I did read that they had been on tour being a supporting act for Aerosmith a few months ago, and that did impress me. So, that means, that when I film them, I will be filming guys that talked to Joe Perry... hot damn... lucky bastards...

*

On a warm Friday morning (like, 10:00 am) I got out of bed wondering what the day had ahead for me. I would have to drive from my apartment in Beverly Hills to Huntington Beach which would be roughly over an hour if the traffic wasn't bad. It was a very peaceful drive as I drove along the Pacific Coast Highway, with my convertible car's roof pulled down, as I listened to my tapes. I started to think about James, and if he would now talk to me and look me in the eye. It would be pretty awkward if he didn't because we would be spending at least 2 days together, plus I wouldn't know anyone else there. Just on time about an hour later, I drove into the Huntington Ballroom, and already, cameramen were walking around, kids with tracks under their arms, and amongst the people, I saw James, who was looking at me drive in. He had no expression on his face; he was just looking at me... I parked my car and walked out, flipping my aviator sunglasses over my head, sort of using them as a hairband, and walked in a bee-line towards him.

"Hey, James"

After a delayed response, he finally looked up at me from his feet and gave me his signature smile and brought me in for a hug.

"Hey, Melanie! You excited for today?"

I have to admit, from hardly talking and avoiding meeting me, to hugs and smiles I was a little stunned.

"Yeah... I'm... good... yeah, excited" I stuttered.

He just chuckled and put an arm around my shoulders and said that we should go inside.

"The band aren't here yet, but the main singer is; A-"

"Axl Rose. Yeah, I know. I did my research."

"Oh okay, yeah well here's here with his girlfriend, Erin, if you wanna go and talk to them?"

I thought about it for a minute completely confident, but once I saw Mr. Axl Rose emerge with this beautiful chick attached to him, I panicked and began to think "oh my god! Famous people!" The two looked like a really good couple straight away. She was pretty stunning with luscious, brown, long, curly hair, and he himself was even quite beautiful with his slender and fit body and his majestic, straight, copper hair.

"Asdfghjfjkl. Nah, man, where's the director for this thing; what do I have to do?"

As we turned around I saw a man sitting in a chair that had 'director' on the back, so that was easy. Behind him though, the 'stage' was being set up, with the drum kit being put together and tuned among with microphones getting set up. As the backdrop, a big logo of 'Guns N' Roses' was hung up. James and I started to make our way towards the director, and he looked straight at me and jumped up, jogging towards us.

"Melanie Buchanan! It's so great to finally meet you! I've admired your skills over the past few years!" This director dude, was medium height, with short brown hair and a bit of a gut. I just smiled not knowing what else to do. I've never had anyone say that to me before.

"I'm Paul. I'm directing this clip if the bloody band shows up."

"Are they trouble to manage?" I asked with a smirk, obviously knowing the answer.

He rolled his eyes. "You have no idea. Don't ask me how they got a record deal."

Literally, just at that moment, all of us heard screaming of V8 car engines and a motorbike pull into the car park outside the ballroom.

"Speak of the devil..." muttered Paul.

Soon afterward, the doors opened, and in walked 3 men all dressed in leather with one of their arms wrapped around a girl. Two dudes with longish blonde hair and some guy whose face I couldn't see since it was completely covered with black frizzy hair. It was a surprise he could even see where he was walking.

"Nope, we're still missing one!" Paul yelled at them.

"Hello to you too, dear" yelled the really tall blonde, which made me snicker.

"Yeah, calm your shit man, Izzy'll be here a second. He's putting a lead on Ripley!" yelled the one with the frizzy hair, which I read was the lead guitarist, Slash. I couldn't remember the other's names though.

"That's great, but all of us would like to start filming some time this decade" retorted Paul.

The band members just shrugged it off and they walked over to Axl. The girlfriends all formed together and started to gossip, and they went off into the dressing rooms. Soon, flocking the area where the band was, the make-up artists pushed all the guys (except Axl who must have already done his make-up) into the dressing rooms. They all groaned which made me start to chuckle. As I turned my head in the opposite direction, I saw Axl Rose make his way towards us and I started to freak out, and by freak out, I mean shaking and hyperventilating. What the frick was happening to me? I'd been hanging around famous peeps for at least 5 years now, what the hell was it about these people that made me shit myself?! I quickly looked in the opposite direction again, so that the incredibly sexy main singer couldn't see me freak out, and suddenly something caught my eye.

I saw this dude who was quite slender come crashing into the room with a dog on a lead that he was having a lot of trouble trying to handle. The dog was over-excited and was pulling this guy along until he couldn't handle it anymore and he dramatically let go of the lead, and for some strange reason, this dog - sorry - Rottweiler, come bounding straight towards me.

A/N: HEY GUYS!!!! I've finally published my Izzy fanfic!!!!! PLEASE tell me what you think so far...

Read, comment and vote!........ And Happy Halloween ;)

Ev