Chapter 33: The MTV Night - Pt. 3

I plonked down into the large red velvet seat next to Deborah and her head whipped around.

"Where were you two? You missed the award!" She yelled into my ear over the loud music on stage.

"My toilet blocked up and I had to grab Izzy to try and fix it." I yelled back hoping she'd buy it.

She just looked back at me with disappointment.

"Good one. You made your boyfriend miss his award because you used too much toilet paper. Yeah, real good one." She rolled her eyes playfully.

I just stuck my tongue out at her and turned away to watch Def Leppard perform. I looked over at Izzy who had an anticipated expression splashed across his face. I nodded and gave him a thumbs up.

"I told you they wouldn't care." He spoke.

"Yeah yeah, but just so you know, I blocked the toilet and you helped fix it."

Izzy scoffed and we continued to sit through the endless night. There were some highlights, well only one really. It was when Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora did a little acoustic show by playing Livin' On a Prayer and Wanted Dead or Alive, and it seriously blew me away. I was sitting there, fangirling and shaking Izzy's arm randomly with excitement every time JBJ would smile. I didn't think Izzy was very impressed with my behavior but because he's lovely he didn't say anything.

During one of the last ad breaks, a man who had 'stage crew' written across his shirt rushed up to the side of Izzy when we were in the middle of a conversation.

"We're ready for you to go on after this ad break. Axl's turned up and we're nearly ready to go." He said bending down to Izzy's shoulder.

Izzy nodded and he turned back around to me.

"After this we'll be able to go home. Yay." He said dryly.

"Have fun." I smiled squeezing his hand as he left his seat.

I assumed he'd have to tune his guitar or whatever and be ready for this mysterious performance he would be doing. He didn't give me many details about it, I didn't even know if it was going to be Guns playing, or if he'd be performing with another band. My answer was soon answered when after the last few awards were handed out and finally the last performance of the night began.

The lights dimmed the room as other lit up the stage, and Tom Petty appeared in front of a microphone at the front of the stage. Behind him were some guitar players and a drummer, and tucked away by the side of the stage hiding beside one guitar player, was Izzy. I wanted to send him a telepathic message saying "MOVE INTO SIGHT" so I could see his pretty face, but I knew that wouldn't happen.

Tom Petty began singing in his distinctive voice, and soon that Axl dude came 'serpentine-ing' on stage. All the girls screamed and began to jump up and dance, even though the song was quite slow and mellow, and Axl started to sing. I knew the song they were singing, I quite liked it too. It was Free Fallin' and Petty and Axl collaborated quite well. When it ended, I cheered and clapped like everyone else and the show finally ended. Suddenly everyone sat up in a storm and began making their way out of the place or going backstage. I turned around to seek help with Deborah, but she had already disappeared into the crowd.

Well fuck.

I had to assume that Izzy would meet me backstage? Or I was I supposed to wait by the car as he packed his guitar up until he drove us back to his place? Maybe I was supposed to sit in my seat and wait for Izzy to appear? I thought I was screwed because no matter what I'd chose, I'd end up missing Iz and he'd be waiting in the other location while I was waiting for him. I decided to make a choice and I made my way to the backstage party that was just getting warmed up. I saw more famous faces; so famous I was too scared to even look at them, so I tiptoed around the crowded room hoping to find my babe.