Chapter 56: Rock in Rio, Pt. 3

"We're going on in about 3 minutes boys!"

"Reminder! You're running on, start playing then we're flicking on the lights!"

"Slash you're starting on the right-hand side! Duff, Izzy, left-hand side!"

Three different voices yelled at us all coming from different directions as the crowd screamed and the presenter's voice boomed over the stadium.

"How do I look?" Izzy's serious eyes burned into mine.

He oozed cool, as usual, and in classic Izzy style, he was all in black. I always thought he wore dark colours so he could blend in with the stage so he couldn't be seen, pretty much like a chameleon. He wore a button-up shirt, jeans, Converses, and the one item of clothing that was a mild throwback to the 80s', a bandana was wrapped around his head. I had also convinced him to wear his gold hoop earrings, which just made him 110% sexier.

"You look sexy."

Izzy scoffed.

"Be serious." He rolled his eyes.

"I'm serious! Can you just stop being sexy for one second."

Duff had overheard my comment and let out a catcall directed at Izzy. Izzy responded with a death stare but Duff just laughed it off.

"Now get out there and crush this show." I pecked Izzy on his cheek and almost seconds later, all the guys ran onto the stage.

Slash's guitar echoed over the enormous crowd, and as the lights came on Axl came screaming across the stage and the audience went absolutely nuts. It was so loud I could barely hear myself think, and believe it or not, I was slightly concerned that you wouldn't be able to hear the band play their cheers were so loud. But I was wrong, the entire night boomed away and I could feel the vibrations through my body throughout the entire show. Every now and then Izzy would look to my side of the stage and would quickly blow a kiss in my direction. He probably couldn't see me in the dark, but it was cute that he still pretended he could see me.

I have no words to even describe their show. To say it was 'amazing' still doesn't describe how incredible it was. Sure there were some technical difficulties, Axl cracked the shits super stealth mode that I don't think anyone really noticed when his microphone was giving some serious feedback. I was blown away by Axl's showmanship, Matt's drumming was so strong and drove the guys, Slash was epic with his head-banging and face-melting guitar solos, Duff played it pretty cool, but Izzy definitely took first place for a calm and collected stage presence. Izzy strummed away all night staying on his side of the stage, not looking at all phased by the insane number of people in front of him.

For never seeing them live before, what a show to tick that box off. They played for just over two hours, and by the end, they were some seriously sweaty boys. The crowd cheered so loudly when they finished their set it almost sounded like they were at the same decibel level when the guys were playing. The boys all held an arm around each other's back's as they took a bow in unison, the lights dimmed and they all jogged offstage. At first, I thought Izzy was dry as a bone, but it wasn't until he reached me I realised his whole shirt was drenched with sweat. I pushed his hair out of his eyes and he wrapped an arm around my waist.

"What did ya think?" Izzy winked at me.

I was about to reply with some sassy remark, but Slash's course voice interrupted me.

"Fuck yeah! We are hitting the streets to celebrate after that!"

All the guys cheered together that I couldn't hear an exact response from them.

"Izzy, you coming?" Slash grinned.

I could see Izzy's cogs in his brain tick as he thought about what response would be suitable.