They were disguised as regular missing-nins. Naruto put this information to the back of his head for keepsake. Naruto jumped away and onto the trees above.

Shit. Naruto saw what was in front of him.

It was only a distraction. The carriage was broken down. The two other hired ninjas laid there, dead. Naruto gritted his teeth in anger. He walked towards the crushed carriage.

He'd only hope that the Daimyo is there and alive.

Naruto squatted down and lifted the wood off of the ground.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing was there.

They took him. Sasuki appeared beside him. She looked down and observed.

"There are footprints." Sasuki pointed towards the dirt ground.  Before they mindlessly jumped into action, Naruto spoke his thoughts out.

"Should we call a back up? Or should we just dive in?" Naruto asked.

"Wow. First rational thing you thought of all day." Sasuki remarked.

"Shut up and answer my question." Naruto glared at her. Sasuki pondered for a few seconds before achieving an idea.

"We should send a shadow clone to the village and report this mess to Hokage-sama. You and me will follow the perpetrators." Naruto nodded.

"By the way. Is there any chance that the ninjas you fought were disguised a Iwa and Kumo-nins?"

"Yes. But that conversation is for a later date. Let's go!" Naruto created a shadow clone. "Tell the Hokage that the Daimyo has been kidnapped and that we need backup."

"Sure thing, boss." The clone went a separate direction from them. Naruto looked towards Sasuki and nodded. Both looked at the ground.

"The footprints seemingly go into the forest." Sasuki pointed towards the direction of the footprints. Naruto nodded in agreement. Both jumped into the vast amounts of trees up ahead.

They lunged from tree to tree. There was no room for mistakes or for failure.

If we fail, the Tea Country will surely hate the Leaf.  

~~~

Naruto and Sasuki stopped as they saw a small camp that was located in a small open space.

"We should move to the ground." Naruto suggested as Sasuki nodded. They dropped down to the ground. Noise was created upon impact.

"You guys here that?" One of the ninjas asked. The rest shook their head.

"No. We didn't heard a sound." They gave him a puzzled look. The ninjas just sighed.

"I'll look anyway." He sat up from a tree stump and walked away from the fire. The ninja had a blade — which he unsheathed. The man quietly and slowly walked towards the bushes.

He used his free hand and brushed pass the leaves. Once making out of the leaves, hands suddenly covered his mouth.

"Ahhhhh" The man had muffled words coming out of his mouth. The hand gripped harder and harder.