Chapter 90

Ash with Misty and Brock without any delay started his journey to the closest island for a gym battle, Mikan island.

After they landed on the island a boy suddenly came out from behind a tree shouting "wow! Amazing! These Pokemon looks so strong"

Ash:  *smiled at the comment* thanks, My name is Ash and they are my friends, Misty and Brock. I'm here to challenge the gym, can you tell us where I can find it? *Returned his Pokemon afterwards*

A voice came before boy could reply " you don't have to, I'm the Mikan gym leader".

Boy looked at her "Cissy, did you see those Pokemon!?" Still excited.

Cissy:- Senta! Stop causing trouble for others, I told you to stop doing your pranks *then she looked at Ash* I'm sorry if my brother caused you any trouble.

Ash: no no it's fine, he did nothing.

Cissy: really!? *Asked surprised then looked at Senta who nodded* it's good then.

Ash: now can we have our battle? *Asked eagerly*

Cissy: no *shaking her head* on orange islands gym battles are different, more than power these are based on skills and connection between trainer and Pokemon.

Senta presses the buttons on his remote, making a line of cans appear, and the battlefield becomes an aquatic pool. Cissy proceeds to call out her Seadra. She announces that the first challenge is shooting (yeah I changed the words), where a Pokémon's accuracy is tested by shooting down as many cans as possible.

Ash called out Greninja surprising the siblings.

Greninja used water shuriken easily winning against the Seadra then challenge changed to shoot at flying plates who hit the most will win. Greninja again swiftly won against the Seadra.

Cissy congratulated Ash and gave him Coral-Eye Badge.

Then Ash left with his friends to Pokemon center to stay the night.

The next day Ash found the location of next gym and started to travel on his Pokemon again to Navel island.

 Ash and friends spot Navel island, the home of the second Orange League and the Sea Ruby Badge. They touch down on the beach near a very quiet village, but the Gym is nowhere to be found. A man approaches on a sailboat, introducing himself as Danny.

They approach the Navel Gym gate, and Ash opens it. Inside, there is a cable car and a trail leading up the mountain. Pikachu points at a sign that explains challengers must climb up the mountain without using Pokemon, otherwise they risk disqualification, while spectators can use the cable car. Danny also climbs along, moving at a seemingly easy pace but something surprised them that Ash also climbing the mountain very easily just like walking.

Ash reached the summit first, Danny also followed after a little while then praised Ash and revealed that he is the Gym leader.

First battle was to freeze a geyser but Ash didn't brought a Pokemon along who knows Ice beam so he lost first round by default.

The second round is to carve the ice into a sled with three Pokémon. Ash sends out Pikachu, Greninja and Charizard while Danny uses Machoke, Scyther and Nidoqueen.

Just in few seconds Ash's team made a sled winning the round and next round is race down the mountain to the beach because of the sharp work on the sled, Ash was faster than Danny and easily won then got his second badge, Sea Ruby Badge.

Then Ash again started his journey for the next badge.

I removed the unnecessary episodes from the story, I hope you guys don't mind and this chapter have quite a copy and paste work because there isn't much fun until the orange league battle.