Chapter Fifty Six

Chapter Fifty Six

Eros

"I JUST want you to know that you made the most unfathomable mistake that someone could ever done."

I looked up to see the owner of that familiar voice and the pair of legs that is standing in front of me.

"Elisha."

"Looks what you have done to yourself, Eros!" She said frantically. "This is not you! This is not your place! You shouldn't be living a life like this!"

I smiled to her and set aside all the preparations I was doing before the next boat will reached the shore.

"I've been doing this my whole life, Elisha. You know that."

"Yes! I know!" She exclaimed. "Pero hindi sa ganitong klaseng lugar, Eros! Pinagpalit mo ang buong Alta Pueblo, ang buong kamag-anak mo, para lang sa isang babae? What's gotten into you! The Eros I know will not do this to himself! He will not humiliate himself this low for the sake of one woman! Nasaan na iyong mga logic mo? 'Yong everything is just a business talk mo? What? Pati ba pag-iisip mo nang tama ay nakuha na rin ng babae na iyon sa'yo?"

"Can you please calm down first? I'm fine-"

I stopped in the middle sentence when Elisha started shedding tears.

"I am so frustrated! Did you know that?" She said in between sobs. "I want to help you but I can't! Sila Abuelo't abuela, mga kamag-anak at pinsan mo, everyone is being so cold-hearted towards lending a hand on you! Tapos ngayon, pati ako pinipigilan na tulungan ka. It's so infuriating to see you like this when you clearly deserve so much more! You're not supposed to be here, Eros. Ano bang nangyayari sa'yo?"

I disregard my dirty clothes and rugged look and pulled her close to me and hushed her to stop from crying.

"I really appreciate that you want to help, Elisha." I murmured to her ears before I pulled her away while still holding her shoulder to have a better look on her face. "But you don't have to. I choose to live this way. And I don't regret giving up everything for Monique."

"She's going to leave you too, you know?" I was stunned for a moment. "Abuela told me what that woman intends to do. You'll be left alone with nothing, Eros. Is she worth all these risks?"

"She told me everything," I explained. "I know she'll leave any time soon."

"Then why?!" Elisha asked, frustrated.

"It's the least of what I can do for now. To set her free and let her do the things she wanted to do," I said then continued. "Just like what you said, I already have nothing. If freedom is the only thing she wanted aside from having a life with me, then I won't have to heart to stop her from having what she wants."

"But you want to be with her, right? Kaya mo ginawa ang lahat ng kabaliwang ito kasi gusto mo siyang makasama? Then, why?"

"More than wanting her to be mine alone, I fell in love with her first. I fell in love with this free-spirited woman who knows no fear and loves to ruined my day because of her constant bickering. If keeping her by my side will stop her from being all of that, then, it's like setting a bomb to the treasure that I have found."

"You. Are. Insane." Elisha said while pressing her one finger after word by word, then I saw a smile plastered on her lips. "She's lucky. You're one of the most aloof Mondragon. Yet, she had you just like that."

"I'm sorry if I disappoint you," I said sincerely. "And I'm sorry for leaving all the business we have on you."

"Yeah. You should be sorry for leaving tons of paperwork on my desk!" She said then opened her arms together for one last hug. "I guess our playtime ends here, huh?"

Breaking the Rules (Mondragon Series #3)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara