Chapter Forty One

Chapter Forty One

Eros

"THIS SHOULD be the last time that I'll be sending you to the hospital, Eros. I'm warning you."

A smirk automatically formed on the corner of my mouth as I saw Trojan walked inside my private hospital room, looking so pissed and is trying to intimidate me with his warning and anger on his face.

"Is that your own way of saying I should take care of myself and that you're relief to see me alive?" I mockingly teased. "When did you start caring? This is not you."

"This is also not the normal bastard that I knew of," he said and gave me a stern look. "How many times do you need to put yourself in danger for that woman? How many bullets will you catch to make you stop?"

"As many times as I can just to keep her safe."

Trojan gave me a not-buying-it look. "I don't know what you're doing right now but you're starting to look ridiculous to me."

"How is she?" I changed the subject. "Kumusta si Eliz? Nandito rin ba siya?"

"Naiwan siya sa El Nido dahil hindi naman kasing lala ng lagay mo ang nangyari sa kanya. Gael is taking care of her."

Of course, I said sarcastically at the back of my mind. "How about those men? Are they also being taken care of?"

"Si Gael na rin ang nag-aasikaso no'ng nangyari sa inyo kasama no'ng mga pulis," he explained then continued. "Wala na siguro silang pagpapahalaga sa mga buhay nila. Saan kaya nila nakuha ang lakas ng loob na banggain ang pamilya natin?"

"It was my fault," I admitted. "I shouldn't have gone easy with those fools. Masyado akong naging kampante na hindi na sila babalik sa isla matapos no'ng ginawa nila."

"Am I hallucinating or did I actually heard you admit defeat and said?" I can hear the scowl at the back of his tongue but I choose to ignore it. "What is happening to you, Eros?"

I started for a moment on his eyes, asking the same question to myself, before I turned my head to look outside the darkness behind my window and released a sigh.

"I guess I'm one of the fools in the family now," I said more to myself. "And this is absolute bullshit."

"Are you telling me that you're attracted to that woman?"

I didn't respond.

"What the... Are you out of your mind?" he started to raise his voice at me. "That is Gael's fiancée! Your cousin's soon to be wife!" he added with too much emphasis.

"Anong tingin mo sa akin? Ignorante para hindi malaman ang bagay na iyon?"

"If you happened to screw that woman and enjoyed it, forget it! This is not worth it!" Trojan insisted. "Ilang beses mo akong pinangaralan tungkol kay Eila. Na kung sex lang ang habol ko sa kanya, I shouldn't commit myself way too much. But now you're doing the same over that woman?" he couldn't believe those words came out of his mouth.

"It's not just the sex, Trojan. Kung sex lang ang habol ko kay Monique, I could have done it to other women. But she's different. She always makes me feel annoyed and angry on how little common sense and sense of danger she has. But at the same time, she makes me enjoy every moments of it," I answered then continued. "You know me, Trojan. I have my principles. I have my rules—"