First Date Dilemmas

For such a peaceful night, Bdubs found it difficult to sleep. He stared up at his ceiling, both his mind and heart racing.

It's tomorrow.

Those two words kept circling his brain, as he recounted the moments from a week ago.

-

It had been a couple of days since Doc confessed, and the two were talking about their day over a nice dinner. The hybrid had put down his fork, his face turning serious. "Would you want to go on a date with me next Saturday?" he suddenly had asked. Bdubs could no longer feel his heart and had responded so fast he didn't give himself a moment to think.

No matter how many times he had asked Doc where they were going, or what they were going to do, every question was met with the same response. "You'll see" and a smirk.

-

The freckled brunette's eyes drifted towards his bedroom door. I mean, technically we've been dating, and I feel really bad for still having him sleep out there. But what if he thinks I'm moving too fast if I invite him to sleep in the bed? He sighed, rolling over. Maybe I'm just overthinking things.

-

As the smaller male was eventually able to drift off to sleep, he had no idea that just outside his door, Doc was overthinking everything as well.

What if he doesn't like where I take him? I mean, I know he mentioned liking theme parks while we were stargazing, but what if he ends up hating it? Sitting up in his bed, the taller brunette ran his organic hand through his hair. He glanced over at Bdubs' bedroom door. He longed to snuggle with him until they both fell asleep, but he never said anything. Doc was too afraid he would be moving too fast for his boyfriend. It's okay if I call him my boyfriend, right? He thought. Shaking his head, the darker brunette forced all of his worries out of his mind and laid back down.

-

"Are you seriously not going to tell me anything?" Bdubs whined. The two were on the subway, heading to their mysterious date destination. A part of the freckled roommate was annoyed that they were both standing since it made their height difference so obvious.

"You just got to be patient, Bdubs," Doc laughed, ruffling the smaller male's hair. Despite having a calm and collected composer on the outside, the taller male was freaking out on the inside. He was praying Bdubs couldn't hear how loud his heart was beating. The train finally reached their stop, and as it came to a stop, the lighter brunette found himself leaning into his boyfriend. I can call him my boyfriend, right? He thought to himself.

The taller brunette took Bdubs' hand, leading him out of the subway and down a couple of blocks.

-

Finally, they arrived.

Gasping, Bdubs' eyes sparkled as he gawked at the sign above him. "You didn't!" he exclaimed, turning to Doc.

"Two tickets to Hermitland," the hybrid pulled them out of his pocket, showing them to his date. "I also managed to score us some park passes," he added with a mischievous grin.

-

"Ah, I don't know about this ride, Bdubs. There's a height limit to it," Doc shook his head, sighing. He smirked as Bdubs immediately became defensive.

"I'm the average height for a male! You're just a lanky beanstalk!" He huffed. Laughing, the taller male ruffled the angry boy's hair.

"Cute."