The Gift of Dance

Bdubs had a brilliant idea.

He knew Doc didn't know how to dance that well, so originally he planned to sign them both up for dance lessons, so they could master their first dance together. However, when he met with the dance instructor for the first time to discuss such lessons, they proposed he learn alone, and then surprise Doc by teaching it to him.

So for almost two months, Bdubs secretly attended dance lessons, telling only Tango and Keralis about what he was up to. It turned out he was a fast learner, and he picked up the choreography smoother than he anticipated. He was beyond excited to show his fiance, and dance with him night after night around the apartment until the big day.

Yet he should've realized.

He should've known everything was going too easily.

Bdubs should've predicted something was bound to go wrong.

-

Despite his last lesson having ended, Bdubs was still in the dance studio, running through the dance a few more times. He planned to reveal to Doc what he had learned that weekend and he had to ensure he was perfect. However, without someone standing with him, it was a bit awkward.

Still, he managed, softly humming the song the couple had picked out. Besides, with the large windows facing the street, the afternoon sun was captured perfectly in the room, highlighting the way he glided around.

When he heard a knock, he assumed it was his instructor.

"I thought I heard your voice!" Scar cheerfully greeted.

"Oh! Scar, hi! I didn't think I'd see you here!" He met him halfway across the studio with a warm smile. "Do you dance?"

The other held up a hand and shook his head. "No, I don't have enough time for that. I was actually contracted to help with the expansion! Actually, I just finished my inspection and happened to spot you here! What're you up to?"

He sheepishly smiled. "Just... learning to dance." Bdubs shrugged.

"That's all?" Scar teased, raising an eyebrow. "Rumor has it you're getting married soon. It doesn't happen to do with that, does it?"

Pursing his lips, he idly tugged at the hem of his shirt. "Okay fine," he caved. "I learned a choreographed slow dance for my wedding. It's a surprise for Doc, I'm going to teach it to him in a few days." Scar's smile grew as he explained.

"Now that's exciting! I want to see it!"

With a light laugh, Bdubs shook his head. "No I can't do that, it's way too awkward just by myself!" He protested.

Scar extended his arms. "Then walk me through it! Having an actual person to practice with would help, right?" When Bdubs began to hesitate, he added, "C'mon, I'm not going to your wedding, you owe me this at the very least!"

Sighing, he smiled. "Alright, alright!"

And so he took his hands, leading him to the center of the dance floor. He started humming from the beginning of the song, interrupting himself only to explain what was happening and where to step. Although he already knew it, Scar was indeed right that having someone standing in for Doc made practicing easier. Plus, he realized explaining the steps out loud was a great help as well.

"And then he'd spin m- oh!" He was interrupted as Scar spun him around, causing him to laugh. As if he knew the dance, Scar accurately predicted to dip him, leaning down with a grin.

"Let me guess; this is where you'd kiss?" He teased with their faces a bit too close for comfort, though Bdubs made no such comment.

Instead, he laughed. "Correct! And that's it!"