I Hate it When We Fight

Bdubs was... nervous. Scar had asked if they could meet up and talk, so he invited him over to the apartment. He was hoping he'd feel more comfortable with Doc there, but then, despite having the day off, he was told he needed to come into work anyways.

"Sorry again that I have to go," Doc mumbled as he gathered his things and headed for the door.

Grabbing his wrist, Bdubs pulled him down to give him a quick kiss. "Don't apologize, just don't be gone too long. Although Scar will probably leave before you get back."

"Yeah, alright, have a good day." He wasn't sure if the hybrid was even listening to him as he double-checked he had everything. After kissing his head he headed out.

Sighing, he slumped on the couch for a moment. Tugger meowed from at his feet before leaping up to sit beside him. With a small smile, Bdubs stroked the grey cat. "Sorry for all the commotion, I know you're not used to us being up so early this day of the week." He stretched his arms above his head before reluctantly getting up and heading for the room to get ready.

-

The two were sitting on the couch, Bdubs nervously tapping his leg while Scar was calmly sipping his mug of tea. "Is everything okay?" he asked once he set the mug down.

"Um, yeah- I just- sorry," he sighed, leaning his side into the back of the couch.

Scooting a little forward, Scar creased his brow. "Listen, I'm sorry if I still make you uncomfortable. I mean, I probably didn't help with it, since the first time we interacted in years we were both drunk."

Wait, he was too? But Doc had said... I guess maybe he was wrong? He just nodded, fiddling with his fingers. "Yeah I- yeah," he lightly laughed. "Anyways, what've you been up to recently?"

Scar also leaned his side against the back of the couch. "Oh, nothing special. I've been working a regular desk job trying to save up money to be able to support myself and open my own business," he explained with a shrug. "What about you?"

"Uh, nothing too exciting I guess. I mean, I finally caved and got a cat!" Speaking of, Tugger had made his way over from his spot under the dinner table, cautiously sniffing at the stranger.

"And here I thought you hated the guys," Scar laughed, reaching down to let the grey cat sniff his hand before stroking his head.

A small smile spread across his face as he gazed at the furry creature. "Well, Doc found him and I couldn't say no to either of their faces."

Lifting Tucker onto his lap (who happily curled up) Scar scratched behind his ear and under his chin. "Speaking of him, nice jewelry you got there," he teased, gesturing his head towards his ring.

Heat pricked at his cheeks as he glanced down at his hand. "Oh, yeah we bought a pair of promise rings a few weeks ago," he explained, his smile growing.

"Seriously Bdubs, it makes me happy to see how happy you are." Tucker's ears pricked up and he leaped off the couch and over to the door while Scar reached over to tussle his brunette hair.

He heard the door unlock and sat up straight and looked over his shoulder as it opened. "Hey, welcome home!" he greeted.

Doc's eyes fell on Scar and he narrowed his eyebrows. "What's he doing here?" he asked, stepping in and closing the door while Tugger rubbed up against his leg.

"I told you he was coming over today," Bdubs reminded him, raising an eyebrow in confusion. "Yesterday and this morning."

"Right, yeah," he muttered before walking into the room.