Chapter 18

Chapter 18

All I can see is Jake's smiling face.

It's only been half a month, but I felt like I haven't seen him in years.

His arm opened up, welcoming the excited me.

"Jake..." I whisper.

Without hesitance, I jumped into his arm. My arms wrapped tightly around his neck, while his around my waist. His laugh rings in my ears as he spins me around.

Jake's forehead resting on my shoulder, inhaling my scent.

My feet touch the ground once again as we part slightly. Only so we can see each other's faces.

His hand stroked my cheek gently and bent down to kiss me. However, a low growl rang dangerously before our lips could touch.

I turn my head and find an angry Connor.

His eyes blazed in fury. Clenching his fist, he took a deep breath in an attempt to calm himself.

Realizing a big fight could possibly broke here. I decide not to trigger him any further.

Not for the sake of Connor.

But for my own.

I glanced at Jake, checking his response. Fortunately, he looked indifferent towards the situation.

I tug Jake's hand.

Understanding my signal, he started to follow me to leave the building.

"Don't touch her," a low voice full of warning said.

I ignore it and keep walking.

It is not my concern if he's gonna make a scene, but don't include me in it.

"I said don't touch her!" his voice boomed through the room while he snatched my wrist. Placing me behind him.

If someone could die from a glare, Jake would be long gone.

"Alpha Connor, I would appreciate it if you release my mate," Jake said calmly.

"MATE?!?!" the asshole screamed once again.

I blocked my ear with my free hand. Not helping though.

His grasp tightened around my wrist. To my displeasure, we start to gain the attention of people around us.

'Stupid drama queen bastard' I muttered in my mind.

That didn't go unheard by Jake as I could visibly see him holding back his smile.

Nevertheless, he still tries to talk civilly with Connor.

"Yes, my mate," Jake said confidently.

Connor is about to reply to him again with nasty word when I decide to step in.

I draw my hand that is clasped by Connor near my face and do the unthinkable.

I bite him.

People's eyes widen as they watch me.

Two full grown alphas face each other with heavy tension, and a girl who bite one of the alpha out of nowhere.

We looked plain retarded.

Oh well...

Since Connor is gonna make a scene, I might as well turn it into a comedy.

---

What do you guys think of Isabella's character?