Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Everyone instantly on alert.

"Training dismissed!" Rick yelled.

Without any command, all of us move to the mansion. I bid my farewell towards the kids before I left, reassuring them everything will be alright.

Once we all gather, Connor is the first one to speak.

"Explain," he said.

"We received a message from the Visena Pack, they were under attack this morning," he explained.

"The high council has request the meetings of the alphas"

Our eyes widen.

The last time the council appealed such meetings was years ago. Perhaps, the situation is worse than we thought.

"When?" (Connor)

"The day after tomorrow. Please travel in a small group as we don't want to draw attention," he said.

Connor nodded and went straight to work.

"Michael you'll be staying here. Take care of the pack," he ordered.

"Yes alpha," Michael replied.

I made eye contact among my pack members.

There was no further explanation of the attack on Visena Pack. I'm guessing they will talk about it during the summit.

Connor glanced at Rick, "How about the special force?"

"We will send one of us as a representative, the rest will stay and continue with the training." (Rick)

"Very well," Connor replied.

He then appointed some of the pack members that will join his trip. Asking them to be prepared before he left to attend urgent matters in preparation of his leave.

---

Two days later, the day of departure.

I threw the duffle bag over my shoulder and made my way to the front yard. Connor was talking to Michael, while the other two pack members were seated in the car.

His eyes caught mine.

"Isabella, what are you doing here?" he frowns.

"I'm the representative," I shrugged my shoulders. I clearly remember we told him one of us will tag along.

"I didn't expect it to be you,"

"Why couldn't it be me?" I raised my eyebrow.

"I thought you'll want to avoid me"

I rolled my eyes. Some things never change. He still thought the world revolved around him.

"It doesn't have anything to do with you" I sigh.

"..."

"Can we go now?" (Isabella)

Not waiting for his response. I hopped in the back seat.

The idiot still stands like a statue.

I plunge my body forward, surprising the guy on the driver seat. I hit the horn to catch Connor's attention.

His eyes snapped at the car, before he rubbed his face and walked.

"Everyone's ready?" the guy who drives asks. I think his name is Klaus.

"Yep!" I said cheerfully.

Connor looked at me weirdly. Probably wondering why I'm in such good spirits despite being in a close space with him.

But I don't care.

I'm just too excited to see a certain alpha soon.

---

Guess who's the 'certain alpha'? :)