Chapter 8

A/N; hello Light! I'm so sorry! After holding this book "On Hold" for two whole years. I've finally decided to continue again.

Enjoy~

Previously on Chapter 7

"We have to free her... it hurts me to see how much she's struggling..." she added. This time I turn my head to look at her... well, at her soul. I can see something flickering. It's a burning desire... she wants to free Y/N just as much as I do. I nod my head. "Yeah...

We'll free Y/N...

-Trapped-

Y/N P.O.V

We walk through the road. I silently walk next to Hyakkimaru, holding his hand. My mind can't stop thinking what happened the other day. Tahomaru knew that I'm still alive. He'll surely going to try everything to bring me back.

"Y/N... is everything alright?" Hyakkimaru asked. I didn't realize I had stopped walking until he called out to me. I shake my head, trying to snap out of it. I turn my head to look at Hyakkimaru. Even though he can't see through his eyes... he can see through me. He can see my soul. I wonder what he see right now. I wonder if he can see what I feel.

He turns to face me and gently cup the side of my cheek with his prosthetic hand. Despite being fake hand. I can still feel warmth being this close to him. I lift my hand, placing it on top of his.

"Everything's alright... don't worry" I said. He let out a soft sigh. He gently pulls me closer. He buries his face into my hair. I lean my head on his shoulder, as I let myself relax in his arms.

"You don't have to lie to me, Y/N..." he said. My eyes starts glistening with tears. My whole body starts to shake lightly as Hyakkimaru runs his hand through my hair.

"I'm scared, Hyakkimaru... Tahomaru found out that I'm still alive, and that I'm with you. I'm scared that he might hurt you and take me away... I don't want to go anywhere near him. I'm... terrified of him" I said, finally admitting what I truly felt. Hyakkimaru tighten his arms around me. I just bury my face in his chest. He runs his hand through my hair softly.

Hyakkimaru pulls away away me and gently cups my cheeks. I close my eyes as he gently places a soft kiss on my lips. My hand feebly hold onto the front of his kimono. I close my eyes as I kiss him back. He pulls me closer as he deepens the kiss.

"I will never let that happen. Even if he manage to get you. I will fight through to get you back" he said, leaning his forehead against mine. I just smile softly at what he said. His words really comforted me. But I can't completely erase the fear in my heart. There's only him... and Tahomaru have a whole army. How can he possibly win against them?

He pulls away from me. I feel a gentle on tug on my skirt. I turn my head to see Dororo. She smiles softly at me as I lean down. She wraps her arms around my neck.

"You don't have to worry, Nee-San. We'll protect you" she said. I just smile and returns her embrace. She tighten her arms around me. "Thanks, Dororo" I said.

I notice a man not far from us. He have a scar across his chest. I slowly pull away from Dororo. The man have a smile on his face. But for some reasons, I can feel something bad radiating from him.

Hyakkimaru seem to notice my tensed up self. He walks up next to me, gently slipping his hand in mine. I just hold his sleeve as I stare at the man in front of me.

"I'm hunting for a demon... do you maybe want to give me a hand?" He asked. I turn my head to look at Hyakkimaru. He's been killing demons since the day I met him. He'll surely agree to help the man to hunt that demon.

***

We're hiding behind the trees. The man earlier tell us his name is Saburota. I stand next to Hyakkimaru as Saburota tells us that it's going to be tough to fight the demon. I just stare at Hyakkimaru worriedly.

"It's coming..." he said. I turn my head to where he's 'staring' at. I can see a hybrid demon. I stare at the demon with a terrified expression. The demons looks like a lot of animal mixed into one.

Hyakkimaru rushes forward to fight it. But Saburota intercepts. He explains that he now finds pleasure in watching the demon kills people and devours them. I just stare at him with a horrified expression.

The demon attacks us, sending the three of us falling down the rocky embankment. I hit my head on one of the rock. I wince in pain as I close my eyes, slowly losing my consciousness.

A While Later

I slowly open my eyes and notice Hyakkimaru and Dororo standing in front of me. "Y/N..." he said. I just smile softly at him. "I'm fine, Hyakkimaru..." I said. I look up to the cliff where we fell off from.

"That's pretty high up, huh?" I said. I turn to look at Dororo, noticing she's staring at me with a scared face. I smile at her reassuringly. "Dororo... I'm fine. I'll get up now" I said. I try to move, but realize my arm is trapped under the rocks. I try to pull my arm free but nothing it wouldn't budge.

"Looks like I'm stuck..." I said. Hyakkimaru gestures at something under me. I turn my head to see water. There's a water spring. The water rapidly starts to fill up the place where I'm trapped.

Hyakkimaru comes over and try to free my hand. He starts trying to pull me out, but his prosthetic arms came off, sending him flying back. I just stare at him with a worried gaze.

"You can't free me with those arms, Hyakkimaru..." I said. He slowly stands up. "I will..." he said. He puts on his prosthetic arms again and tries pushing the boulder. Dororo quickly do the same. But due to the force, Hyakkimaru ended up breaking one of his arm. I stare at him worriedly as blood starts flowing from his forehead after he bumps it on the boulder.

The water starts filling high, making me almost drown. I push my head up. I turn my head to see Hyakkimaru screaming in frustration as he starts banging his head against the boulder. I feel tears building up in my eyes.

"Stop... don't hurt yourself" I said. The water gets too high for me to keep my head up. It's starting to feel hard for me to breathe. My lungs are screaming for oxygen.

Just as I was about to give up and accept my fate, I feel myself getting pulled out of the water. I breathe heavily and turn my head to see Biwa-Hoshi. I let out a sigh of relief, realizing I'm safe. He gently place me on the ground as I try to regain control of my breathing.

Dororo quickly wraps her arms around me. "I'm so glad... you're okay, Nee-San" she said. I just pat her head softly. I turn my head to look at Hyakkimaru. He stands a couple of feet away from us with a deep frown on his face.

"Do you want a body?" Biwa-Hoshi asked him. He nods his head. "I do..." he said. "Why?" He asked. He turn his head to him. "Because it's mine..." he said. He takes off the other prosthetic and walks away. I just stare at his retreating figure in worry. I can feel the frustration radiating off of him.

Hyakkimaru...

*to be continued*