Chapter 6

Previously on Chapter 5

Once I made sure Hyakkimaru is sleeping. I close my eyes, smiling softly as I hear the steady beating of his heart. Then I slowly drift off to a deep slumber.

-Unexpected Encounter-

Y/N P.O.V

I wake up due to the sunlight shining in my eyes. I squint my eyes slightly, before opening them. The first thing I notice is the feelings of warmth. I knit my eyebrows in confusion, then realize the warmth is coming from Hyakkimaru.

I turn in his arms to look at him. I smile softly as I watch him sleep. Slowly, I raise my hand and place it on his hair. It's a lot softer than I thought it would be.

I continue to caress his hair subconsciously. He start to stir in his sleep, making me froze. I didn't mean to wake him up. If anything... I want him to sleep some more. This is the only time I get to see him resting.

I pull my hand away from his hair. "Y/N..." he said. I just stay silent, hoping that he will fall back asleep. But instead of that... he opens his eyes. "Why did you stop?" He said. "Huh?" I question, looking at him in confusion.

He gently grab my hand and place it back on his hair. "Feels nice... keep going..." he said. I just smile softly and continue to caress his hair. He let out a hum of appreciation, making a soft smile appear on my lips.

I hear a groan next to us, so I turn my head. Dororo stirs in her sleep, then she opens her eyes. I smile softly "good morning, Dororo..." I said. She turns her head to look at me.

I notice her eyes widened when she looks at me. Well maybe she's looking how Hyakkimaru is hugging my waist. I just look back at her and tilt my head. "What is wrong, Dororo... you look like you've seen a ghost" I said.

"What happened last night? W-Why are you..." she stutter out. "Cuddling?" I said. She nods her head. I smile softly at her. "Hyakkimaru and I are a thing now..." I said. "What?!" She yells. I feel Hyakkimaru flinch, so I quickly place my a finger on my lips.

"Shh... Hyakkimaru needs to sleep... he haven't been getting enough rest..." I said. She covers her mouth. "Oops... sorry, Nee-San..." she said. I just smile and place my hand back to Hyakkimaru's hair. I turn my head to look at Hyakkimaru.

"I've never seen him sleep so peacefully before..." I hear Dororo said. "Me neither... ever since I tagged along with you guys... I've never seen Hyakkimaru so relax..." I said. "And that's thanks to you, Nee-San..." she said.

Time-skip

Hyakkimaru is still sleeping. I'm feeling so thirsty, so I carefully move his arms from my waist. Then I get up. I try to listen for any sign of water. Once I hear it, I make my way. Which leads me to a lake.

I smile and make my way down the pathway. I kneel down and scoop some water with my hands. Then I drink from it. I wash my face to fresh up.

I turn my head when I hear the sound of horses, until it stops behind me. I turn my head and my eyes widened. I stand up and back away as I look at them in fear.

"T-Tahomaru..." I stutter out. He get off of his horse and makes his way to me. "I knew it... I knew that you're still alive, my love..." he said. "What are you doing here?" I asks. "What do you think? I came for you, of course. Now come on... we're going home..." he said.

"Stay away from me! I'm not going anywhere with you!" I scream at him. He ignore what I said and keep walking towards me. He grabs my wrist and try to drag me with him. I struggle to free myself from his grasps.

"Hyakkimaru! Help!!" I scream. Tahomaru froze when I yell out Hyakkimaru's name. He turns to me. "You know him?" He said. I just keep on screaming, ignoring his question. He grab my shoulders, and turn me to look at him. "Answer my question, Y/N. You know him?" He said. "Get off of me!" I scream. "Answer me!" He screams.

I step on his feet, causing him to yelp in pain and release the grip he have on me. I take this chance to run away from him.

I keep running without looking back. Then I trip on a root, causing me to lose balance. I close my eyes as I wait for the impact. But instead, I feel a arms on my waist. I open my eyes and look up.

"Y/N... what's wrong?" Hyakkimaru said, looking at me with a worried gaze. I open my mouth to tell him. But the sound of footsteps makes me flinch and I move to hide behind him.

Tahomaru comes to view and saw me hiding behind Hyakkimaru. "You..." he spat. Hyakkimaru instantly catch on what's going on. He place a hand on my hip as he push me further behind him.

"Stay away from Y/N! She's mine!" Tahomaru yells out. "No... Y/N is with me... I will protect her... YOU stay away..." he said. I can see Tahomaru's face turns red from anger. "She's my wife!" Tahomaru yells. "I don't want to be! You and your father forces me to! It wasn't my choice!" I scream, still hiding behind Hyakkimaru.

"Y/N... stay back..." Hyakkimaru said, I can feel the anger emitting from him. He take his prosthetic hands off, revealing his swords. He walks forward, but I grab onto his sleeve.

He turns his head to look at me. "Y/N... move..." he said. I shake my head. "No... Hyakkimaru... don't... I don't want you to get hurt..." I said, looking up at him with tears in my eyes.

He turns to me "I'll be fine... I'll free you from his grasps... I promise you, okay?" He said, smiling at me. He leans down and place a soft kiss on my forehead. I can hear Tahomaru growling in anger.

"She's mine! Stay away from her!" He screams. Hyakkimaru turns to look at him. "No... she's mine..." he said. Then he walks forward. Tahomaru doing the same. I just stand back, not knowing what to do.

Lord... please protect Hyakkimaru

*to be continued*