Chapter 23

Previously on Chapter 22

"Hyakkimaru... will you be back?" I said, in a hushed voice. Silently wishing that the wind would deliver my wish to Hyakkimaru. So he'd know how much I miss him. Maybe then, he'll come back to me.

-I'm Here-

Y/N P.O.V

I wake up to the sunlight coming into the room. I slowly open my eyes and blink them a few times, trying to get rid of the sleepiness. I turn my head to the side where Dororo is laying, to see her still sound asleep. I smile softly at the sight. After a lot struggle due to a pregnant belly, I finally manage to sit up. It's hard to move because my stomach is getting quite heavy.

"You've gotten quite big, huh... I can't wait to meet you, sweetie" I said, gently rubbing my stomach while smiling softly. I feel a kick as a respond which makes me let out a soft giggle.

Another day have passed and still no sign of Hyakkimaru. I'm starting to lose hope. Maybe he'd never come back. I tried not to think negatively. But, after waiting for so long I couldn't control my emotions any longer.

"Hyakkimaru..." I mumbled softly. I feel tears building up in my eyes. But I shake my head, refusing to cry. I can't keep this up. I have to stay strong. I can't keep on worrying Dororo. She lost a lot of sleep for my sake. I have to stop being so weak.

I try to stand up and make my way outside. I take a deep breath, bathing in the warm sunlight. The air feels so nice in this village. A small smile appear on my face. I wave at people as they walk pass me.

I carefully step down and put on my sandal. A walk would be nice. I can't stay indoor all the time. I have to walk so my body can be healthy. If I'm healthy, so will my baby. I turn my head to look at Dororo. She haven't been getting good sleeps, so I think I should just leave her be to rest properly.

I turn around and start to walk around the village. The villagers greets me as they walk passed me. I greet them back with a smile and a 'good morning.' I'm so happy that everyone gets along well in this village. I decided to go to a lake. So that's where I'm heading to.

I sit down on the log carefully. I place my hand on my belly as I stare into the distance. This lake always brings comfort to me, because the scenery is beautiful. But even with that comfort, I still feel lonely.

"O... Ow" I winced, in pain as my stomach starts hurting. I feel something running down my leg. My eyes widened when I realize my water broke. Which means it's time for me to give birth.

I try to call out for help but, no one's around. I start to regret going for a walk. I should have stayed indoor. I kneel on the ground, holding onto my stomach in pain.

"H-Help... anyone. I'm about to give birth..." I cried out. Tears starts to stream down my cheeks. I keep letting out a pained cry. I shut my eyes tightly as panic starts to grow within me, realizing that no one is here to help me. Am I going to give birth to this out here in the open??

I feel myself getting picked up. I open my eyes and let out a shaky gasp. "H-Hyakkimaru..." I said. He turns to look at me and smiles softly. "I'm here... I'm sorry for leaving you behind. But I'm back now, Y/N..." he said. I just give him a weak smile.

"Hang in there, okay?" He said. I just nod my head, while resting my head on his chest. He starts to rush towards the village, listening to my weak voice as I direct him. Every pained cry I let out makes Hyakkimaru walks faster.

***

"Nee-San!!" I hear Dororo's voice as she rushes towards us. She stop dead in her tracks when she realizes who's carrying me. "Aniki..." she said, staring at Hyakkimaru in shock.

She shakes her head, when I let out another pained cry. "Take her to that house. I'll go find a midwife to help her give birth!" She said. She quickly rush off after finishing her sentence. Hyakkimaru starts making his way towards the house Dororo pointed. 

Hyakkimaru gently places me down on the futon. He hold my hand gently, while I clutch onto his. The pain on my stomach is becoming unbearable. Is this what my mom felt when she gave birth to me? But why'd she fight for her life while giving birth, if I'm not the child she wished to have?

My thought is cut off when Dororo calls out for me. I open my eyes and turn my head to the side to see her pulling someone behind her. "Nee-San! I brought the midwife. She'll help you give birth" she said. She usher the woman to come to me.

She starts giving instruction of the things she'd need in order to help me give birth. Dororo instantly rushes off to her everything she need. I just keep letting out pained cry as Hyakkimaru tries his best to comfort me.

The midwife starts giving me instruction of when to push the baby. Hyakkimaru looks worried as he gently wipe a wet towel on my forehead, to wipe away the sweats. I let out a groan as I push the baby.

A While Later

The sound of baby's cry filled the entire room. I breathe out a sigh of relief. The pain on my stomach slowly stops. I turn my head as the midwife gently bathe the baby. I let out a soft laugh, feeling happiness filled my heart.

She walks over to me and gently places my baby on top of me. "Congratulation, Y/N-Sama... your baby boy is healthy" she said. I smile happily as I hold him gently in my arms.

"My baby..." I said, smiling happily. I place a soft kiss on the baby's head. Hyakkimaru smiles as he gently caress my head. He leans down and gently places a soft kiss on my forehead.

"You've done well, Y/N..." he said, in a soft voice. I turn to look at him and smile softly. I lift my hand and gently cup the side of his cheek, trying to make sure that he is really here.

"Hyakkimaru... don't leave me again" I said. He shakes his head, leaning his forehead against mine. "Never... I will never leave you. I'm here now. I'll always be here from now on" he said. I just close my eyes in happiness. Hyakkimaru is finally back. We can finally be a complete family.

*to be continued*