Chapter 20

Previously on Chapter 19

They're fighting at the castle. The castle is also on fire. I stop mid-track as I watch the sight. I place my hand on my chest, clutching it tightly. Hyakkimaru... Tahomaru... please, don't fight anymore.

-You're Free-

3rd P.O.V

Hyakkimaru and Tahomaru keeps fighting, inside the burning castle of Daigo. Tahomaru expresses his anger as he keeps talking about how Hyakkimaru doesn't belong there. He tells everything that his father gave him, while Hyakkimaru isn't there.

"Mother?" Hyakkimaru said. Hearing what Hyakkimaru said makes Tahomaru angry. "She's my mother!! You were never there! Nothing here is a testimony of your existence!" He spat angrily.

"You... why is it?" Hyakkimaru said, noticing something in Tahomaru's soul. "You were here. Always" he said, pressing his sword harder against Hyakkimaru's. "Yeah. Unlike you!" He said.

"Then why are you lacking?" Hyakkimaru asked, which confused Tahomaru. "What?" He asked. Even through anger a sign of confusion is evident in his tone.

"You are lacking... just like me" Hyakkimaru added. Tahomaru gritted his teeth in annoyance. "Me? Never" he said. Even if he's denying it, he can't lie to Hyakkimaru because he can see something Tahomaru can't.

"Why? Why are you lacking?!" Hyakkimaru pressed even more. Tahomaru let out a scream as he moves back, while swinging his sword. "Shut up! If I am lacking something, you took it from me!" He yelled. He points the sharp edge of his sword towards Hyakkimaru.

"Mutsu, Hyogo... mother. And now you even try to take Y/N from me!" He said. Hyakkimaru gritted his teeth in anger after Tahomaru mention the h/c haired girl's name. The girl that he have grown to love. "I did? From you?" He questioned.

"So give it back! All of you! Give it back to this land! And give back Y/N to me! She belongs to me" Tahomaru yelled out, as he rushes forward to attack Hyakkimaru.

"Have you ever thought what she truly felt? Have you ever consider her feelings?! How much pain she went through because of you!" Hyakkimaru yelled out which makes Tahomaru halt.

He stands still as he recalls his time with Y/N. Not once he ever saw Y/N acted happy around him. The emotions reflected in her eyes were always fear and sadness, never happiness.

Tahomaru shakes his head, clenching his hands around the sword hilt. "Because you stole her! If she had stayed with me... she would have learned to love me! But you corrupted her!" He yelled. Hyakkimaru scoffs at what he said.

"No... the only thing I ever gave her was calmness. I never force myself on her. I gave her space when she wants it! I gave her comfort when she needed it! All of that was something YOU never provide for her!" He yelled.

"Shut up!!!" Tahomaru yelled, not wanting to hear any words from Hyakkimaru anymore. He knew... deep down he knew it was his fault that Y/N never love him. The way he's been approaching her only makes her fear him more. But he didn't want to admit because he was scared at the fact that Y/N didn't love him.

Hyakkimaru manage to corner Tahomaru against a wood pole. But as he was about to strike, he suddenly starts to recall all the things he remembers. About his mother... about Y/N.