Chapter 17

Previously on Chapter 16

I know that I'm still in love with Hyakkimaru... but now, I can't help but realize that I've started to develop love for Tahomaru as well. I know it's wrong to love two person at once, because that would mean I'm toying around with their feelings. That's why it made me feel like I'm the worst person alive. But I can't control my emotions. So...

what can I do?

-Complicated-

Y/N P.O.V

I wake up the next morning. I still have Tahomaru's arms around me. I turn in his arms to look at him. He sleeps so peacefully. My eyes soften at the how calm he looks right now.

I suddenly start to feel sick in the stomach. I quickly sit up, waking Tahomaru up in the process. "Y/N? What's wrong?" He asked. I didn't answer him as I stand up and runs out of the room. I reach the bathroom and starts to throw up.

I feel a hand moving my hair, and holding it in place. I just ignore it since I already know who it is. I wipe my mouth as after I finally stopped puking. I sit on the floor as Tahomaru scoops up some water with his hands. He moves towards me, being careful not to spill any water.

"Wash your mouth..." he said. I just do as told. I gurgle for a few seconds before spitting it out. Tahomaru do it a few times until my mouth is cleaned. He looks worried for me. "Did you ate something bad?" He asked, while kneeling down in front of me. I shake my head at what he said.

"I ate the same thing you ate... but you seem alright. So it can't be because of that" I said. He hums softly at what I said. I notice his eyes widening as if he realize something. "What?" I asked.

"Could it be that you..." he said, stopping mid-sentence. I furrow my eyebrow in confusion at what he said. What's he trying to say?

A While Later

I'm laying on the futon as a doctor is checking me. I just stay silent, waiting for him to diagnose me. He nods his head as he check my temperature. He also ask me a few question that might help him with my condition.

"So... what's wrong with her?" Tahomaru asked as he sits across from the doctor. The doctor turn to look at him for a brief moment before turning to look at me again. There is a slight smile on his face.

"Y/N-Sama is alright. It's normal for her to feel queasy in the morning. Only for the firsts few months, she will feel sick constantly. Then she should be alright for the rest of the months" he said. I stare at him in confusion, what's he talking about?

"What do you mean?" I asked. He turns to look at me and gently pat my shoulder. "It's called morning sickness. Y/N-Sama... you're pregnant" he said. My eyes widened at what he said. I turn to look at Tahomaru who looks just as shock as I am.

"P-Pregnant??" I stuttered out in shock. He smiles and nods his head. "Yes. You're pregnant, Y/N-Sama..." he said. He turns to look at Tahomaru as he explains what I can do and can't do. Along with how to look after me in the first trimester. After that, the doctor excused himself and leave the two of us alone.

I just stayed silent, to stun to say anything. I place my hand on my stomach. I can't believe there's a human in me right now. A tiny human is growing inside me. I bit my lips. My brain is so confused right now.

"Y/N..." I hear Tahomaru asked. I turn my head to look at him. He fiddles with his finger a little. "I know that this might not be what you want. But I promise I'll take care of you and our unborn child..." he said. I just stare at him, without saying anything. He leans down and places a soft kiss on my forehead, while gently placing his hand on my stomach caressing my stomach softly.

***

Tahomaru is currently feeding me some food. I just stay silent as I eat every bite he gives me. This is not the first time he shows his caring side to me. But this is the first time I actually feel comfortable around him.

"Is the food good, Y/N? Are you feeling okay?" He asked. I just nod my head at what he said. He smiles softly at me and gently hold my hand with his free hand. He lift my hand and gently places a soft kiss on the back of my hand. His action makes my heart flutter a little.

"From now on, I don't want you to do too much activity. You should rest a lot, so our baby will be healthy" he said. I just nod my head at what he said. He places the empty bowl on the tray and sits in front of me. He gently holds my hand.

"Look at me..." he said. I turn my head to look at him. He caress the back of my hands gently. "Maybe this is a sign. A sign that you should learn to love me, because there's a baby growing inside you. That baby is my child... maybe it's time for us to finally start acting like a family. You, me and our child" he said. I turn my head away from him as I stare at our hands.

Is this it? Is it really the time for me to let go of the love I have for Hyakkimaru? Is it the time... that I finally open my heart for the man in front of me. For the sake of this baby that's growing inside me. This baby will need their father. Their father... Tahomaru.

I just bit my lips as Tahomaru stay silent, waiting for my respond. I close my eyes as I heave a shaky sigh. I turn my head to look at him. I stare at him.

I know that I've started to develop feelings for him. But I don't know if I'm ready to let go of the feelings I have for Hyakkimaru. Why does everything have to be confusing to me. Why does it have to be so... complicated?

*to be continued*