Chapter 25

Previously on Chapter 24

"I love you too, Hyakkimaru..." I said. He tightens his arms around me. He picks me up, making me let out a yelp. He looks up at me as he holds me. I smile softly at him and leans down, gently kissing him. He responds to the kiss, which makes me smile in between the kiss.

-One Whole Family-

Y/N P.O.V

Hyakkimaru and I are now standing in front of the priest that will be tying us in the sacred bond of marriage. I'm face Hyakkimaru, who's holding both of my hands in his. He's also looking at me with a smile on his face. The way he looks at me brought warmth in my heart.

"Do you, Hyakkimaru take Y/N as your lawfully wedded wife? To love each other through sick and health?" He said, while looking at Hyakkimaru. Hyakkimaru smiles at me. "I do..." he said, while caressing the back of my hand softly.

The priest nod his head, turning to look at me. "And do you, Y/N... take Hyakkimaru as your lawfully wedded husband? To cherish each other 'till death do you apart?" He asked. I smile happily at Hyakkimaru and nods my head. "I do..." I said.

"Congratulation... I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride" he said. Hyakkimaru gently cups both of my cheeks in his hand, leaning in and place a soft kiss on my lips. I close my eyes and kisses him back.

"I love you, my wife..." he said, after pulling away. He leans his forehead against mine while smiling brightly at me. I smile happily at him and kisses his nose, making him blushes at my gesture.

"I love you too, my husband" I said. He smiles and pulls me into a hug. I lean my head against his chest, wrapping my arms around his torso. Hyakkimaru places his chin on top of my head.

The crowd starts cheering in happiness. The sound makes me turn to look at the crowd. S/N jumps at the loud sound and starts to cry, as Dororo panics and try her best to calm her down. I shake my head and walk up them, lifting my dress a little so I won't trip.

I gently pick S/N in my arms. "It's okay, honey... there there" I cooed softly, while gently patting his back as an attempt to calm him down. My action is working as S/N slowly calms down. He just stares at me with his rounded eyes, making me smile softly and gently kisses his head. He slowly starts to smile, making me giggle softly.

Hyakkimaru walks up behind me and wraps his arms around me, placing his chin on my shoulder so he can look at S/N. I smile softly, while leaning my back on his chest.

***

Time have passed, S/N is now two years old. He's slowly learning how to walk. I smile as I watch Hyakkimaru help him to walk, while holding both of his hands. He really kept his promise that he's going to look after S/N as if he's his own son.

"Ma... mama..." S/N said, making me grin. Hyakkimaru help him walks to me. I gently pick him up the best I can. I place him next to me while Hyakkimaru kneels down in front of us. He lift his hand and gently places it on my stomach.

"You're going to be a brother soon, S/N. Be sure to treat your younger sibling well, okay?" He said, gently caress S/N's head. S/N responds with a laugh, as he claps his hands. He turn to me and places his head on my belly. I let out a soft giggle and gently places a hand on his head as he closes his eyes.

"Soon... they will come soon" I said. Hyakkimaru smiles softly at what I said and nods his head in agreement. My due time to give birth is coming soon. Even though this is the second birth. I still feel a little nervous. I know what kind of pain I have to go through in order to bring this child to the world. But it's a sacrifice I'm willing to take as a mother.

This time Dororo makes sure that I don't wander off. She didn't want me to ended up like the last time. If it weren't for Hyakkimaru's returns, I would have given birth out in the open without any guidance or help. Which was very dangerous. For all I know, I could have died that day.

"Are you nervous?" Hyakkimaru said, cupping the side of my cheek. I turn my gaze to look at him. I just give him a small smile and nod my head slowly. "Don't be. Just like last time... I'll be there with you along the way" he said. I smile softly at him as I lean my cheek against his warm hand.

Time-skip

"Hurry, hurry! This way!!" Dororo's voice said, pulling a woman behind her. She quickly rushes to my side and kneels down. "I've brought the midwife, Nee-San!" She said. I smile weakly and lift my freehand, placing it on her cheek. The other one is clutching onto Hyakkimaru's hand.

The midwife starts instructing me when to push and when to breathe. I just follow along. I let out a pained cry as I try my best to push the baby out of me. Hyakkimaru start whispering encouraging words while wiping away the sweats on my forehead with a cold towel.

Soon, the sound of cry fills the room. I breathe heavily as I try to catch my breath. Hyakkimaru caresses my hair softly. "You're amazing, Y/N..." he said. I give him an exhausted smile. I turn my head to the midwife as she gently wash my baby's body.

She moves towards me and smiles. "Your baby is perfect, Y/N-Sama... she's healthy and beautiful. Congratulation" she said. I gently pick her up in my arms. Dororo walks out of the house and returns with S/N. They walks over to us and kneel down near my thighs as they stare at the sleeping baby in my arms.

Hyakkimaru leans down, placing a soft kiss on the baby's forehead. "Thank you, Y/N. Because of you... I finally have a perfect family" he said. I smile and gently leans my forehead against his.

"I'm happy too, Hyakkimaru. I love you" I said. He pulls away a little and places a soft kiss on my forehead, letting his lips linger against my skin. I close my eyes, savoring the feeling of his lips against my skin.

"I love you too..." he said. He moves to sit next to me. I lean my body against his as I turn to look at my daughter. Her eyes are close as she sleeps peacefully in my arms. I smile and leans down, placing a soft kiss on her forehead.

After a lot of hardship. With me being married off against my will. Forced to do something against my will. But then again, if it weren't for that marriage and if I were to live a happy life in that village... I'd probably never met Hyakkimaru.

I ended up having feelings for Tahomaru after I got caught the second time. He was someone I used to fear because of what he did. But I ended up falling for him. I guess what they say is true. Fate does works in a funny way. But either way, I felt truly happy now that I finally got the freedom I have always longed to have.

What makes me even happier is Hyakkimaru. Even though S/N isn't his real son. He never treats him any different. He loves him as if S/N is his own flesh and blood. Hyakkimaru was right... we don't have to be related by blood to be a family. With me, Hyakkimaru, and our two kids... we have become one whole family.

The End

A/N: that is the end of this story! Y/N finally got the freedom she longed to have and found a family in the process! What do you think about this book? Would you recommend it?! Thank you so much for reading and stay tune for more! Love ya~