Chapter 7

Previously on Chapter 6

"She's mine! Stay away from her!" He screams. Hyakkimaru turns to look at him. "No... she's mine..." he said. Then he walks forward. Tahomaru doing the same. I just stand back, not knowing what to do.

Lord... please protect Hyakkimaru

-Battle Between Brothers-

Y/N P.O.V

All I can do is just stand still and watch. I can only pray that Hyakkimaru will be alright. Dororo comes and stands next to me. "What's happening?" She said.

"Tahomaru found me... and he's not happy with the fact that I'm with Hyakkimaru... now they got into a fight like this..." I said. Tears starts to stream down my cheeks.

Dororo notice this and looks up at me. "Why are you crying, Nee-San?" She said. I look down at her. "All I ever cause is trouble. Now Hyakkimaru got into a battle because of me... maybe what my parents said are true. I'm so useless... I can't even do anything to prevent this. What if he got hurt? I won't be able to forgive myself..." I cried out. Dororo frowns as she hugs my waist.

I look down at her. She looks up at me and smile softly. "No... Nee-San... don't say that... without you... Hyakkimaru would never found happiness. Have you seen the way he smiles? I've never seen him like that... I've never seen him so happy... you're the reason of his happiness, Nee-San..." she said. I just smile weakly at her. Then I turn my head to look at Hyakkimaru.

My eyes widened when I saw him on his knees. Mutsu is pointing his arrow at him. 'No...' I thought to myself, shaking my head. Before I could stop myself, my body reacted on its own.

"Stop!" I scream, running in front of Hyakkimaru. I stand protectively in front of him. "Don't hurt him..." I said.

"Y/N... move! Why are you siding him? You're supposed to be on my side. You're my wife! You belong to me!" Tahomaru said. "No! If you wanna hurt Hyakkimaru... you have to go through me!" I said, out stretching my arms.

"Young Master..." Mutsu said, lowering her arrow. "Tch... let's just go... Mutsu... Hyogo..." he said. "But young master..." Hyogo starts. "I don't wanna hurt Y/N... and it's clear that she's not moving from her spot" he said. Then he turns to look at me. "I'll let you slide this time, Y/N... you too, Hyakkimaru... next time I'll get back what's mine..." he said. Then he turns around and leave.

I turn around to look at Hyakkimaru. I kneel down in front of him. Then I move his head and place it on my lap. "H-Hyakkimaru..." I said, as tears streams down my cheeks as I caress his head. "Y/N... are you okay?" He said. I shake my head "you idiot... I'm the one who should be asking you that..." I said. He just smiles at me. I choke a sob and pulls him into a tight hug.

"I'm so scared to lose you, Hyakkimaru..." I cried out in his chest. "I'm okay, Y/N... don't worry..." he said softly, running his hand through my hair gently. I feel a soft kiss on the side of my head.

Time-Skip

We found a place to stay the night. Hyakkimaru is laying down, with his head on my lap. I've taken care of his wound, so he should be okay now.

I run my hand through his hair, letting him sleep on my lap. "Hyakkimaru... I am so sorry... I've always been a burden to you..." I said, in a soft tone. A tear escape my eyes and I wipe it. But only for more to fall.

I flinch when I feel a hand on mine. I open my eyes to see Hyakkimaru. "Y/N... don't cry..." he said. He moves to sit up and sits next to me. He wraps his arms around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him. I lean my head on his shoulder as I start to cry more.

He runs his hand through my hair. "Y/N... never say that you're a burden..." he said. "But I am..." I said. I feel him shaking his head. "No... you're not... it's my job to protect you... because I love you..." he said. I pull away from his shoulder and look at him.

He raise his hands and place them on my cheeks. I just stare at him with my teary eyes. He wipes the tears softly with his thumbs.

"Come here..." he said, placing his hand on the back of my head. Then he gently pulls me closer to his chest. I lean my head close to his chest. He moves so he's laying down. He keeps caressing my hair. His gesture making me feel sleepy. I close my eyes and let myself drift off to sleep.

Hyakkimaru P.O.V

Y/N... I promise that I will ALWAYS protect you... no harm would come to you as long as I'm here. I love you... so so much. You are the only one that keeps me calm.

I hug her closer, and feel her snuggling close to my chest. I smile softly and place the top of her head. I will free you from Tahomaru. I promise you that...

I keep caressing her hair, and listen to her soft breathing as she sleeps in my arms. Dororo walks over and sits in front of us.

"Aniki... you don't know how much she cries for you, don't you? I've never seen her cries so much. You must mean a lot to her..." She said. I just stay silent and hugs Y/N close.

"We have to free her... it hurts me to see how much she's struggling..." she added. This time I turn my head to look at her... well, at her soul. I can see something flickering. It's a burning desire... she wants to free Y/N just as much as I do. I nod my head. "Yeah...

We'll free Y/N...

*to be continued*