Chapter 3

Previously on Chapter 2

Even just knowing her for a few days... I feel the need to protect her. Then hearing what Tahomaru did to her... I can't just stand still and do nothing.

Tahomaru... just you wait... I'll get you back for what you've done to her

-Jealousy-

Y/N P.O.V

I've been tagging along with Hyakkimaru and Dororo for the past 2 weeks. They stopped here and there to battle demons. Hyakkimaru really wants to get his body parts back from Daigo.

Daigo is a really cruel man. I thought what he have done to my village is cruel enough. But after hearing how he sacrifice Hyakkimaru's body in return of prosperity... that's just horrible. How can someone like him exist among us.

Hyakkimaru walks in front of us. Dororo walks next to me, with her hand on mine. She is really starting to act as if she's my little sister. I love having her around me. She's really adorable.

We are currently trying to look for Munetsuna. He's a sword maker. We need to fix Hyakkimaru'a sword, since they have turned dull.

"The person said past the mountain... more like 3 mountains ahead..." Dororo said, looking really tired. I just giggle at her.

I look forward to see Hyakkimaru rubbing his forehead against a horse. "... and since Aniki return, he develop a weird habit..." Dororo said. "Yeah... he sure does..." I said.

"Y/N... Dororo... a horse..." he said. "Yeah... if I would have known it was this far... we should have gotten a horse..." Dororo said. Then she sits down on the dirt. "Forget it... if Munetsuna isn't here... I'm not walking anymore..." she said. "No... I need this" Hyakkimaru said, taking out his swords... with the sharp point is pointing towards the horse.

I walk forward, lowering down his sword. "Careful where you're pointing that..." I said. He looks at me and place the swords back on his waist strap. Then he cups my cheeks and start rubbing his forehead against mine.

This makes me blush really hard. My heart starts to beat twice as fast. I gently push him away from me. "D-Don't do that..." I said. "Why?" He said. "Just d-don't..." I said. Then I turn towards Dororo with my face still red.

She notice this and smirk at me. "What?" I asks. She walks over to me and gesture me to kneel down. I do as she asks, and she cups my ear.

"You like him, right?" She whispers. My cheeks turns red even more. "W-What?" I stutter out. "You do!!!" She cheers.

Hyakkimaru turns to us, looking confuse. "What?" He said. Dororo opens her mouth. But before she can tell Hyakkimaru... I cover her mouth. "Nothing... it was nothing... let's just keep going..." I said. He nods his head and turns to keep walking.

Once he's out of earshot, I turn my head to Dororo "don't tell him..." I said. "Why not?" She asks. "Just don't... not now... not while I'm still tied to someone else... that just seems wrong..." I said. She nods her head. "You're right, Nee-San... sorry..." she said. I caress her hair softly. "It's okay, Dororo... thank you for understanding..." I said. She smiles at me. I gently hold her hand, then we walk forward.

Time-skip

We reach a village. Not knowing where to go, we decided to ask someone. With that in mind, we make our way towards a house.

"Excuse me... do you... by any chance, know where Munetsuna lives?" Dororo asks a man. "Oh... he lives at the outskirts of this village..." he said, pointing to a certain direction.

"Alright, thank you!" Dororo said. "What's your business with him?" The man asks. "We need to fix his sword..." I said, pointing towards Hyakkimaru. "But Munetsuna is terrible at it... he forged me that machete and I'm not impressed at all..." he said. I turn to where he's pointing, to see a machete.

Dororo walks towards it and try to cut a wood. I stare at it in shock. "But it looks so sharp..."  I said, turning to look at the man. "It's so dull... and his daughter, Okowa... she's SO ugly..." he added. We just thank him and leave.

After about 3 hours later, we finally reach a house. I raise my hand and knock on the door. Soon we can hear the sound of footsteps coming from behind the door.

"Yes yes! Are you here to complain again?" Someone said from the other side of the door, which sounded like a girl. Must be Okowa, Munetsuna's Daughter.

Soon enough the door slides open. I stare at her in surprise. 'Who is that man calling ugly?? She's so pretty' I thought to myself. I zone out a little when Dororo asks about Munetsuna.

I snap out of my thought, when I see Hyakkimaru rubbing his forehead against Okowa's. Okowa in return push him off her. Dororo scolds him, but I just keep on staring at Okowa. She's looking at Hyakkimaru with a dreamy eyes. This makes my heart ache.

I shake my head. No... I can't fall for Hyakkimaru. I am still tied to Tahomaru... even though I don't want to... Tahomaru is still my husband. So it's wrong for me to grow feelings for someone else.

Okowa invites us in. Then she turns to us. "It's best if you all wait here... first impression is very important, right?" She said. Then she enters the room. She sits next to who I assume is Munetsuna, her father.

Munetsuna turns to Hyakkimaru. He stares at the sword in Hyakkimaru's hands. "That sword... what have you killed with them?" Munetsuna said. I just turn to Hyakkimaru, I just joined them. So I don't really know what he used the swords for.

Munetsuna stands up and turns to us. "Come on... we should head to the temple and purify the sword" he said. Then we walks out of the house, with us following close behind him.

Then...

*to be continued*