Chapter 22

Previously on Chapter 21

Hyakkimaru... you promised that you'd stay by my side. You said that you'd be my baby's father in replacement of Tahomaru. I thought you love me, Hyakkimaru... so why did you leave me behind?

-Will You Be Back?-

Y/N P.O.V

A few months have passed. My belly have grown quite big. It's hard to keep up with the pregnancy without any support. But I'm glad that Dororo is here with me. She keeps me company and try her best to comfort me when the pregnancy hormone kicks in.

Just like most pregnant lady. I would have occasion mood swings. Sometimes I would feel excited and happy. Only to burst into tears not long after. What makes it worse is that I don't have the support I needed from a man. From Hyakkimaru.

I was heartbroken when he left. But Biwahoshi told me that he needed this. He needs to clear his thought and redeem himself for everything he have done. He told me that the path Hyakkimaru is going through isn't easy and certainly isn't safe. Which was the reason he chose to leave me behind because he's worried about my well being, along with the baby growing inside me.

Dororo spend the money his parents have kept to build a safe village. The village which we are currently living in. I'm sitting on the front of the house. My hand is on my pregnant belly. I gently rub it as I hum softly to myself.

Everyone is busy at the farm. It's almost time to harvest the paddy. Everything grew well because of the fertile soil. Each harvest are always enough to feed the entire village.

I close my eyes as I feel the wind gently brushes through my hair. My mind slowly drifted off as I start to think about things. Until eventually, my mind stops when it starts to think about one specific person.

"Hyakkimaru... will you ever come back? I need you..." I muttered. I open my eyes as tears starts to stream down my cheeks. I feel a hand on my cheek. I turn my head to see Dororo.

"Nee-San. Please don't cry... I'm sure Aniki come back. He loves you" she said. She wrap her arms around me. I just close my eyes as I let Dororo comfort me. She really know when I needed comfort.

"I brought you some fruits, Nee-San!" She said, pulling away from me. She rushes off to grab the basket she left inside the house and comes back towards me. She place the basket next to me. "As a pregnant woman. You need to eat a lot of fruits! They're good for you and your baby" she said. I smile softly at her enthusiasm.

I lift my hand and gently ruffles her hair. "Thank you so much, Dororo..." I said. She blushes and rubs her nose with her finger, while grinning at me. I turn my attention to the basket and grab a f/f. I take a bite and hum softly at the delicious flavor. "You eat some too..." I said, turning to look at Dororo. She just nods her head and grabs a fruit for herself.

"Do you still feel sick, Nee-San?" Dororo asked. I turn to look at her and shake my head. "No... I'm already about 7 months into my pregnancy. I won't feel sick anymore" I said. She nods her head and smiles softly at what I said.

"That's a relief..." she said, making me smile and gently pat her head. I turn my head to look forward as everyone keeps working hard. I smile at how happy everyone looks right now. If only Hyakkimaru is here... my life would be complete.

***

It's currently night time. But I couldn't sleep. So I decide to sit outside to enjoy the night breeze. I stare at the night sky above me, decorated by the stars glimmering in the dark night.

I feel something being drape around my shoulder. I turn my head to the side to see Dororo. "You couldn't sleep, Nee-San?" She asked. I just shake my head. She let out a sigh and sits down next to me.

"You don't have to stay up for my sake, Dororo... you're still young" I said. She just lay down on my lap. I smile and gently caress her head. I place one hand on my belly and caresses it softly. I feel a kick and my eyes widened. "Dororo... give me your hand" I said. She turns to look at me in confusion. But she sit up and gives me her hand. I gently place her hand on the spot.

"The baby just kicked!!" She exclaimed, her eyes lit up as she practically beam. I smile and not my head. "Yeah. The baby will grow healthy..." I said. She grins and wrap her arms around me.

"And I will be the best friend they could ever have!" She declared. I let out a soft giggle at her comment, and ruffle her hair. "Yeah, I'm sure you will" I said. She pulls away and grins at me. She grins at me and places her ear on my stomach. She closes her eyes as she listens silently.

"I can hear a soft heartbeat, Nee-San..." she said, making me smile softly. I caress her hair gently as she continues to listen to the sound of my baby's heartbeat. She really will going to be the best friend. Even before they were born, she's acting so loving to them.

Dororo eventually falls asleep. Her head slowly moves to lay on my lap. I smile softly as I keep caressing her head gently. I turn my head to look forward. The wind blows through my h/c hair. A longing smile appear on my face.

"Hyakkimaru... will you be back?" I said, in a hushed voice. Silently wishing that the wind would deliver my wish to Hyakkimaru. So he'd know how much I miss him. Maybe then, he'll come back to me.

*to be continued*