Chapter 24

Previously on Chapter 23

"Hyakkimaru... don't leave me again" I said. He shakes his head, leaning his forehead against mine. "Never... I will never leave you. I'm here now. I'll always be here from now on" he said. I just close my eyes in happiness. Hyakkimaru is finally back. We can finally be a complete family.

-A Promise-

Y/N P.O.V

It's been a month since I gave birth to my son. Now, I'm currently breastfeeding my baby. I hum softly to myself as I gently hold his tiny hand. He looks a lot like his father... he looks like Tahomaru.

'Tahomaru... maybe if things were different. I would be able to love you' I thought to myself. I let out a sigh. It's no use to dwell about what had happened. I should focus more on the present, and what I want for the future of my baby and I.

I feel something soft being drape around my shoulder. I turn my head to see Hyakkimaru. "It's quite chilly in this room. You should stay warm..." he said. I smile softly at him and nod my head. He move to sit behind me so I can use his chest to rest my back. He wrap his arm around me, under my arms that are holding my baby.

"Thank you, Hyakkimaru... I really needed that" I said, feeling relieved because my back is starting to ache. I lean my head back, letting it rest on his shoulder. He places a soft kiss on my cheek, making me smile.

"Anytime, love..." he said, gently placing his chin on my shoulder. I pull away from him. I gently place the baby down on the bed and lay down next to him. I gently pat his belly to ensure that he'd sleep peacefully. I smile softly and kisses his cheek softly. I stand up and make my way to the door, sitting by the edge of the house.

Hyakkimaru sits down next to me. He gently wrap his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to his side. I lean my head on his shoulder and let out a soft sigh.

"When I approach you. You look upset. What's on your mind, Y/N?" He asked. I turn my head to look at my baby inside the house, who's sleeping soundly. I turn to look at him and smiles sadly.

"My son's father is gone... I don't know what to say to him when he grow up and ask about his father..." I said, while smiling sadly at him. Tears starts to stream down my cheeks. He frown at what I said. He gently cups my cheeks. He leans his forehead against mine.

"I told you once before, Y/N... I will be his father. I will make sure that he'll feel the love of a father. I may not be his biological father. But, you don't need to be related by blood to be someone's father" he said. I just smile at what he said. His words give my heart a sense of reassurance. I feel slightly better after hearing him.

"Thank you, Hyakkimaru..." I said. He smiles softly at me. He slowly leans in and places a soft kiss on my lips. I close my eyes and gently kisses him back.

We pull away for air. He pulls me closer, wrapping his arms around my waist. I lean my head against his chest. He runs his hand through my hair softly. I smile softly at the feeling. Being in his arms really calms me.

"Are you sleepy?" He asked. I just nod my head. He pulls away slightly and gently scoops me up in his arms. He make his way towards the futon, gently placing me down next to my son. He sits down next to me and gently caress my head. "Sleep well, Y/N... I love you" he said, smiling at me.

"You too, Hyakkimaru. I love you too" I said. His smile widens. He leans down and gently places a soft kiss on my forehead. I smile at his gesture. I cover my mouth as I yawn softly as my eyelids starts to feel heavy. I slowly closes my eyes, letting myself drift off to sleep.

Hyakkimaru P.O.V

I watch as Y/N falls asleep. A soft smile appear on my face as I watch her chest rise and fall at a steady pace. She looks so peaceful as she sleeps. I turn my head to look at S/N who's asleep. I gently place my hand on his cheek, gently caressing his soft skin.

I promise that I'm going to look after these two. But Y/N and I aren't married. It would be strange if I stay with them. Dororo is asleep on S/N's other side. I let out a sigh and stand up. I walk out of the house and make my way towards mine.

I lay down on my futon and places my hands behind my head, as I stare at the ceiling. I start to think of what my life would be like if Y/N becomes my wife, and we raise S/N together. If that actually happens, my life would be complete. I smile softly to myself at the thought. I turn to lay on my side and closes my eyes. I let myself drift off to sleep.

***

Y/N P.O.V

S/N starts crying as soon as he wakes up. I carry him in my arms, trying to get him to stop crying. What should I do? This is my first child, and I don't have experience in stopping baby's cry.

"Let me carry him..." someone said. I turn my head to see Hyakkimaru. He makes his way towards me and gently pick S/N in his arms. He starts to shush him as softly as he can.

I stare in awe as S/N eventually stops crying. "Wow, looks like he wants to be held by you" I said. He smiles and nods his head. I smile and lean my head on his side as I watch S/N. He's staring at Hyakkimaru with his black eyes.

"You know... I don't want to just be a man that S/N calls father..." he said, after a while of silence. I turn my head to look at him. He smiles at S/N as he turns to look at me. "I want to be a man for you too. I want to be a man that you can always rely on... a man that will always protect you..." he said. I just stare at him in the eyes, wondering what he's trying to say.

He gently lift his hand, while being careful to not drop S/N. He runs his thumb across my s/c skin, gently caressing my cheek softly. "I want to be your husband. If you'll have me, I'll be the happiest man alive. So, marry me, Y/N..." he said, staring at me with a hopeful gaze. My eyes widened at what he said.

Tears starts to gather in my eyes. "Yes... yes! Of course! I will marry you, Hyakkimaru" I said, nodding my head. Hyakkimaru's eyes widen at what I said. Dororo walks over to us. She opens her arms. Hyakkimaru turns to her, allowing her take S/N from him. She have a smile on her face.

Hyakkimaru wraps his arms around me. I lean my head against his chest. "Thank you, Y/N. Thank you so much. I love you..." he said. I wrap my arms around his torso, in a tight embrace.

"I love you too, Hyakkimaru..." I said. He tightens his arms around me. He picks me up, making me let out a yelp. He looks up at me as he holds me. I smile softly at him and leans down, gently kissing him. He responds to the kiss, which makes me smile in between the kiss.

*to be continued*