Chapter 15

Previously on Chapter 14

"Hyakkimaru... I hope you're alright" I said in a soft tone. I choke out a sob as I start to cry softly. I hug my knees, burying my face into my arms. Please God, protect Hyakkimaru. Don't let anything bad happen to him.

-Troubled-

Y/N P.O.V

I sit by the pond, staring at the koi fishes as they slowly swim around. I've already felt a lot better after getting well rested. My mind drifted off to Tahomaru. After I told him to keep his distance from me, he actually did that and stays away from me.

After trying so hard to get close to me, he actually listens after realizing how scared I was of him. It shows me that he truly loves me. He just wants me to love him back... but I don't know if I can. Not when I've given all my love to Hyakkimaru.

"Y/N-Sama!!" Someone yelled out. I turn my head to see one of the servant. She looks panicked. The look on her face brought the feeling of uneasiness into me. I stand up and face her.

She bows towards me to show respect because I'm still Tahomaru's wife. I lift my hand to gesture her to stand up. She did as I told and stare at me. "What is it?" I asked.

"It's Tahomaru-Sama... he... he refuses to eat. Now he's not feeling well" she said. I furrow my eyebrow at what she said. Tahomaru got sick. Was it because of me? Was it because of I told him to stay away?

"He also keeps calling out your name, Y/N-sama..." she added, confirming my suspicion. I let out a shaky breath as I run my hand through my hair. "Please check on him, Y/N-Sama!" She said. I let out a sigh and nod my head. She bows at me one more time and turns around, walking away.

I stare at the ground for a few seconds. I turn around and make my way towards Tahomaru's room. My heart start thumping faster against my chest. I'm scared of him. But if I don't check on him... he might get worse.

After a while of walking, I finally reach the door to his room. I lift my hand and hesitate for a while. But I gather up the courage and slide it open. I can see Tahomaru, as he lays on the bed. He looks so pale and weak.

"I told you to leave- Y/N..." Tahomaru said, stopping mid sentence as he realize it's me. I walk inside his room and kneels down on the ground. He smiled weakly at me. "I see that you're all better. I'm glad..." he said.

"The servant told me that you've fallen sick, and refuses to eat" I asked. He looks away from me. I can see the sadness reflecting in his eyes. "Why won't you eat?" I asked.

"I have no appetite... in fact, I don't have any mood to do anything" he said, in a hushed tone. But still loud enough for me to hear. I frown at what he said. He's really taking everything hard on himself. It makes me feel... sad.

"I'll feed you..." I said. He turns to look at me with his eyes wide. I don't blame him for reacting that way. I'm also surprised by what I just said. I look away from him, trying to avoid eye contact.

"You will?" He asked. I can hear the surprise in his voice. I bit my lips, contemplating what I should answer. I have already said it. So I can't take it back. I turn to look at him and nod my head.

I turn to the small table where there's a plate of food. I reach over and take it. I turn to look at Tahomaru who sits up. I slowly scoots closer to him. I scoop up some food with the spoon and gently bring it closer to his lips. He opens his mouth and eats it.

I watch his expression as he chews on the food. He looks happy that I'm finally paying attention to him. He have his eyes close and a slight smile on his face as he chews on the food. I just stay silent as I continue to feed him until he finishes the food.

Once the food is finished, I turn around and places the plate on the tray. I have my back facing Tahomaru as I tidy up. I flinch in surprise when I feel a pair of arms snaking around my waist, and a chin is placed on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry for everything that I've done, Y/N... please, can't you just give me a chance?" He asked, pleading softly. My whole body starts to shake out of fear of what he might do to me, and he notices it. He quickly lets me go, apologizing in a hushed voice. I keep my back facing him.

"I don't know..." I finally said, after I've calmed down. I hear a sob coming from behind me. I slowly turn around to see Tahomaru staring at the ground. I notice droplets of water falling on the floor. My eyes soften as I realize he's crying. It makes me feel bad, knowing that I'm the reason behind his tears.

I hesitate for a bit. But eventually gather up the courage. I scoot closer to him and gently wrap my arms around him. He quickly latches onto me, burying his face in my neck. I hold my breath, as I tense up. I shake my head, trying to convince myself that Tahomaru wouldn't try anything to me.

I slowly lift my hand, gently placing it on his head. I run my hand through his hair, caressing his black locks softly. He just keeps crying as he hold onto me as if his life is depended on me. I bit my lips as I start to feel troubled.

All Tahomaru ever wanted was for me to give him a chance. He only wanted me to try and open my heart for him. But no matter how hard I tried... I just couldn't. I love Hyakkimaru.

Even though I don't know if Hyakkimaru is okay after that explosion, my heart still beats for him. And if he survived, it didn't make me feel any better. In fact, it makes me feel horrible, knowing these two brothers would fight because of me.

*to be continued*