Chapter 4

Previously on Chapter 3

Munetsuna stands up and turns to us. "Come on... we should head to the temple and purify the sword" he said. Then we walks out of the house, with us following close behind him.

Then...

-Everyone Is Acting Weird-

Y/N P.O.V

The 5 of us are currently walking towards a shrine, because Munetsuna told us that we need to purify Hyakkimaru's swords.

As we make our way to the shrine, I notice Okowa kept taking glances at Hyakkimaru. I can't help but feel jealousy burning up inside my heart. I know it's wrong for me to be jealous of her, I'm still tied with Tahomaru. But I can't help it... I love Hyakkimaru.

We finally reach the shrine. I can feel something in here. That's the one thing I've always able to do... I can sense demons... mainly because one of my eyes is blinded. This happened when I was a kid.

Flashback

"Y/N!! Why do you have to be so useless?!" My mom screams. I just look down, too scared to look back at her. I don't wanna seem like a bad child.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you!" She screams again, making me flinch slightly. Slowly I look up to look at her. She glares at me, making me shake in fear.

Then she grab a vase and throw it. It crash to the wall next to me, and one of the shards cuts me in my right eye. I scream from the pain and clutch my injured eye. The pain is unbearable.

My mom clicks his tongue out in annoyance. Then she just turns around and leave me. Luckily I met with a guy named Jukai, who gave me a fake eye. That's how I've been half-blind.

End of flashback

I snap out of my thought when Dororo pulls on my sleeve. I turn my head to look at her. "What?" I said. "You zone out... are you okay, Nee-San?" She said. I smile and nod my head.

We reach the top of the shrine. Munetsuna turns to Hyakkimaru and told him to place his swords. But instead of putting his sword. He picks up Dororo instead. I raise my eye-brow as I stare at him in surprise.

"Hyakkimaru... what are you doing?" I asks. Dororo steps off the holder and place Hyakkimaru's sword. I walk forwards as they start to pray. I close my eyes and pray with them.

Night-time

It's now night time. I lay on my back, staring up at the ceiling. Hyakkimaru is sitting with his back against the wall.

"I'm so pooped..." Dororo said, flopping down next to me. I giggle at her softly. I turn to Hyakkimaru to see him looking down.

"What's the matter, Hyakkimaru?" I asks. "When will the swords come?" He said. "Munetsuna-San said tomorrow..." I said. "The sword will come... here?" He said. "Yeah... we're going to have to stay the night here..." Dororo said. "Yeah... I can't wait for it to come so we can get going and get your body back..." I said. "Don't need them..." Hyakkimaru said.

"Wait... what? I must be really tired, cause I think I hear you saying you don't need them..." I said, sitting up. "Don't. Need. Them..." he said again. Dororo looks at him in shock.