Chapter 9

Previously on Chapter 8

"Do you want a body?" Biwa-Hoshi asked him. He nods his head. "I do..." he said. "Why?" He asked. He turn his head to him. "Because it's mine..." he said. He takes off the other prosthetic and walks away. I just stare at his retreating figure in worry. I can feel the frustration radiating off of him.

Hyakkimaru...

-Ambushed-

Y/N P.O.V

After I finally regained my breathing. Dororo, Biwa-Hoshi and I head towards the direction Hyakkimaru has walked off to. I have a heavy feeling in my chest. I have a feeling that I'm not going to like what I see later.

I watched in horror when Hyakkimaru continuously stabbing the dead hybrid demon. "Hyakkimaru..." I said, in a hushed voice. Tears starts falling from my eyes at the sight of my boyfriend going on a rampage in front of my very own eyes.

"Hyakkimaru! Stop it!!" I yelled out. He slowly stops what he's doing. He turn to look at me. "Y/N..." he said, in a soft voice. His whole body is covered in the dead demon's blood. He take a step towards me. But I backed away, still feel shaken up by the sight of his savagery.

Hyakkimaru P.O.V

Y/N backed away when I try to come closer to her. I feel a pang in my chest. My action must have scared her. Dororo rushes over to me, helping me put on my fake arms. The other one is broken.

"Y/N... don't be scared of me. It's okay. I'm sorry for scaring you" I said. I slowly make my way towards her. She just stand in her spot. I slowly lift my hand, gently cupping the side of her cheek. She wraps her arms around my torso.

"I'm not scared of you. I'm scared for you. It hurts so much to see you like that, Hyakkimaru..." she said, burying her face in my chest. I lift my hand, gently caressing her hair. I can feel my shirt getting soaked from her tears. I can feel my heart clenching against my chest, realizing that I have made Y/N cry... yet again. All I've been doing is making her cry. I'm so stupid.

***

Y/N P.O.V

Hyakkimaru is still determined to get his body back. He believes that he needs to confront Daigo in order to do so. I'm scared to go there, but I don't want to let him go by himself. So I gather up the courage to go with him.

We walk by a villager. I keep my head down, worry that the person might recognize me as Tahomaru's wife. I bit my lips, trying to calm assure myself that it's going to be okay. I'm with Hyakkimaru. He will never let anything bad happen to me.

Eventually, we came to a stop by a ravine. I stare at the bottom of the ravine, seeing a lot of dead bodies. I start to feel uneasy as I scoot closer to Hyakkimaru who notices my discomfort. He gently wraps an arm around my shoulder.

Hyakkimaru turns to a certain direction, lifting his hand just in time as an arrow is shot towards him. His hand is shattered into pieces. We turn our heads to the source to see Tahomaru, Mutsu and Hyogo.

Tahomaru's right eye is injured. He got that wound from the last battle with Hyakkimaru. I clench my hand in tight fist as I watch them face each other. Dororo tries to stop Hyakkimaru, but he didn't listen to her.

Tahomaru pulls out his sword, pointing the sharp edge at Hyakkimaru. "Hyakkimaru, you will not harm this land any further. And you shall give me back my wife" he said. He turn his head to look over Hyakkimaru's shoulder. I can feel fear in my chest as his left eye lands on me.

I watch as they run towards each other. I gently hold Dororo close. I'm worried for Hyakkimaru. There's three of them and he's all alone. Their teamworks is powerful.

I watch with tears in my eyes as Hyakkimaru cuts off Mutsu's and Hyogo's arms. He walks towards Mutsu to end her life. "Hyakkimaru, stop!!" I yelled out. But he didn't listen to me. Tahomaru blocks his sword to save his friend. They start to fight viciously. I clench the front of my shirt, staring at them in worry. What can I do to stop them?

I hear the sound of horses and turn my head. One of the horses have white fur. The person riding it start attacking Hyakkimaru. Hyakkimaru swiftly avoid the attacks.

I watch as the man lit something on the horse. My eyes widened in horror as soon as I realize what it is. It's explosive and the horse is being sent towards Hyakkimaru, who tried to stop it as he gets pushed back by the horse.

"Hyakkimaru!!" I screamed in horror as it bombs explodes. He fall into the ravine, with body parts of the horse. I try to run forward, wanting to make sure Hyakkimaru is alright. But a hand grabs mine.

I turn my head to see Tahomaru. He holds onto my arm tightly. "You're coming with me..." he said. I just shake my head. I start struggling to break free from his grip. But he's too strong. I feel something pierce my neck.

My sight starts to get blurry as I fall limp in his arms. Tahomaru held me in his arms. "Finally... I can have you back, my love. I'm never letting you go again" he said.

I shake my head weakly. "No..." I said, weakly. I try to pull away from him, but the drug is starting to take effect. I close my eyes as everything turns dark.

Time-skip

I slowly open my eyes, realizing I'm in a room. I sit up and look around. My eyes widened when I see Daigo's family crest. I can feel fear creeping up in me, as realization hits me. I'm back in Daigo's home. Which means, Tahomaru have got me back.

I struggle to stand up, I force myself to walk to the window. There are a lot of guards around. Must be because the last time I'm here... I tried to escape. I shake my head as I fall on my knees.

I've fought so hard to leave this place. Now my hard work have all been in vain, because I'm back here once again. My body starts to tremble as tears slowly streams down my cheeks. Hyakkimaru...

Help me...

*to be continued*