Chapter 30

Lunox’s Point of View

I checked my phone.

6:00 a.m

Ah. It’s time. It’s morning. I didn’t get any sleep. I didn’t sleep at all. I stayed up late until this morning.

“Good morning, Lu! Rise and shine—Woah! Tell me, did you get enough sleep? Look at your eye bags!” Ruby said. I looked at the mirror. I checked my face. “I transformed into a zombie,” I murmured to myself.

“You look horrible! Let’s hide your eye bags. I’ll put you a make-up. You need to look pretty for Gusion, Lu,” said Ruby. Gusion. His name was mentioned again. He’s the reason why I didn’t sleep. “Stop mentioning his name, Ruby. I don’t want to hear his name.” I said. She laughed. ”Someone didn’t get any sleep because of him~” She teased. I glared at her.

“I’m kidding. With your eye bags, you look scarier when you glare, Lu,” she said. I stood up and went to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and took a bath. I feel refreshed!

“Your turn,” I said to her. “After I take a bath, I’ll put make-up on your face. You really look horrible even though you took a bath.” She said before she went in the bathroom. I didn’t mind what she said. I went downstairs. I cooked our breakfast, a sunny side up egg, bacon and hotdogs. Last but not the least, a coffee to stay awake.

I heard Ruby’s footsteps going down on the stairs. “I smell something good! You’re a wife material, Lu. Gusion is lucky,” she said and sat on the chair. I put the food on the table. I also sat down and we ate the foods that I cooked. When we’re done eating, Ruby washed the dishes. I waited her to finish her tasks because after this, we’ll go out and meet the others.

First day of Intramurals Sports. This is our safe zone. If we stepped out of the cabin, the battle begins. It will be a battle field. Everyone in the school knew that.

Yet, I can’t focus! This is Gusion’s fault. I told him that no feelings involved but he didn’t listen. I don’t know how to act when I’m with him. It’s better if I’ll ignore him because if I met him, I don’t know what to say, our atmosphere will definitely be awkward. He confessed to me; this is the first time. Nobody confesses their love to me before. I hope he didn’t forget our plan. Still, my top priority is Mask Man.

“I’m done with the dishes. I’ll put make-up on you now! In the power of make-up, those eyebags will not be seen by anyone,” she said and went upstairs. I took out my phone and checked my face. “Do I look horrible and ugly with my eye bags?” I asked myself. She’s probably right. I looked like a lifeless zombie. It’s okay if I let her do what she wants on my face. This will benefit me.

After a minute, she went down holding a pouch. She sat in front of me. “We don’t have a time and this is the fastest and most effective method to use. I’ll just put concealer,” she said. She applied the concealer with her fingers.  She dabbed it into my skin. After she applied the concealer, she then, followed to apply powder with powder brush.

“Woah, woah. A powder?” I asked.

“Yes. To help it set and stay in place throughout the day. This is matte powder foundation. I’ll apply it to your face,” she said. After she put powder, she used a blush brush for applying a small amount of powder under my eyes.

“The last touch, a lip tint! There you go. Not too much make-up suits you.” She said. She puts a lip tint on my lips. Then, she gave me a mirror. I examined myself. My face became flawless. I became prettier. Also, the eyebags is not noticeable now.

“Magic,” I whispered. Ruby laughed. “The magic of make-up!”  She exclaimed. She stood up and stretched. “Now, we’re ready. It’s almost time. I checked our group chat; Selena sent the direction of the meeting place.”