Chapter 61

Lunox's Point of View

"When you watch this, maybe I'm out of the world already. I know that it's silly for me to come up with this kind of idea but this is the only way I think of to talk to you. In this way, I can express my thoughts and feelings to you that I can't tell in person because I don't have much time left," he looked around him. "As you can see, I'm in my personal room in Pedelton High School. We just met but this room has meaning to me. In this room, we have memories that I will cherish for the rest of my life." He looked at the camera and fixed his hair.

"I want to look good for you so I..." His ears turned red. I giggled. His outfit is very formal. He's wearing a tuxedo. "So, I personally choose this outfit. Does it look good on me?" He looked away and scratched his head.

Yes, nice outfit choice! It suits you very well, you looked more handsome and gorgeous in a tuxedo. This is also the first time you fixed yourself so I feel honored.

"I made this video so that when you feel sad and depressed, just watch this. You will feel better for sure." Then, he winked. My expression was blank but seconds later, I laughed. He became conceited and silly.

"I will guess. You're smiling and laughing right now, are you?" He asked. I nodded as if he's talking in front of me.

"See? I made you happy. I have found another talent. In another life, I will be a comedian!" He said. I shook my head. His silly side is showing. He faked a cough.

"I'm quite embarrassed. This is not the side of me I always show you. Today's video, you'll get to see more of my sides I haven't shown anyone, only to you because you're an exemption. You are special to me," he stared at the camera with a serious face.

"Kidding aside, I supposed you have an idea why I made this video. This is my proper farewell to you. In the future, we will not have a proper farewell when we part ways. By this video, I'll leave no regrets and guilt when I leave you because I said everything I wanted to say through this video."

"Do you remember our deal? I want to apologize because I will be the one to kill him not you. I knew more than anyone how you wanted to avenge your parent's death badly but he's my father and I'm his son so it is just right if I will be the one to kill him. He has done evil deeds and taken many innocent lives. He should stop now or else he'll turn into a monster. In the near future, I will kill him."

"Leo and I have different plans but same goal. However, I will let you side with him. You chose my side but it's very dangerous for you to be with someone like me. You must know by now that the person whom you are looking for is my father. You must have hated and loathed me that I didn't tell you sooner that the person who killed your parents is our adviser, Sir Franco. Even though I'm his adopted son, I still treated him as my real father. I owe him my life because he gave me a purpose to live again. I need more time to think what I need to do now that you're involved. As his son, I felt ashamed and hated him more than I already hate him but still, he's my father. I'm stuck! I don't know what to do by then. I'm so fvcking lost. Please forgive me that I didn't tell you because it might affect our friendship and I'm afraid that you'll treat me differently if you know the truth."

"If you're in my side, I can't protect you at all. However, if you're in Leo's side, he can protect you at all cost. At first, I hesitate because I feel like if I give you to him, the battle between us is decided. I will lose you and he can take you from me. But for your protection and safety, I disregard the heat between us because you're more important than anyone else, no one can replace you. I still don't have great power like Leo has," he glanced at his fist and clenched it.

"I may look powerful and mighty but the power I have is nothing compared to what Leo has. Compared to him, I'm an ant. I can't even call myself a worthy opponent of him," then he laughed. "What I'm trying to say is that he suits you more than I am. He's the best pick for you, Lu, while I," he touched himself. "I can't even protect myself, then, how about you? If I can't protect myself, how can I protect you. Besides, Leo's a great man, you two are a perfect match," he said. I bit my lower lip.

How can you say that?! I don't care about your power, status or identity! How about my opinion? Try to listen to my opinion! Even if you're weak and powerless, you have me as your strength. I'll lift you up when you feel hopeless and down. The hardships and obstacles you'll go through, let's overcome it together, the two of us. You're not alone in this, you have me.

"Please respect my decision. By now, you must have known what I'm talking about. I'm sorry that I will make you cry. That's the last thing I want to do. I admit that I'm being selfish but my decision is final. This is what I want."

"I love you, Lunox Radcliffe, I always will. Farewell," he waved and smiled. Then, the video ended. I grabbed the sheets of the hospital bed and used it to wipe my tears. You made me cry again, Gus! You should hold responsibility for my grieving heart. However, thank you. Now, my heart is at ease. Finally, I can move forward. I will set a new goal. This time, I will let myself be free and find my purpose in life. I can't be stuck forever.

"Purpose, dream, and future," I mumbled.