Chapter 29

Lunox’s Point of View

After our discussion, brother accompanied me back to the cabin. With his phone’s flashlight on, he keeps telling me scary stories. He knew too well that I’m not a scaredy-cat. “You’re not afraid, aren’t you?” He asked and focused the flashlight on my face. I covered my eyes. “It’s too bright, stupid!” I said. “Sorry hehe,” he said.

We arrived at the cabin. “This is it. I’ll go in now, brother.” I said. “Let me stay in your cabin at least five minutes. We walked too long. My feet hurt,” he said. I gave him an unbelievable look. “It’s not too far from the office yet you’re already tired. Fine. You can stay as long as you like but there’s no room for you to sleep,” I said. I took out the keys in the cabin. I inserted it in the keyhole.

The cold air rushed through my skin. I remembered that Ruby turned on the aircon before I left. “Don’t make any noise. My roommate’s sleeping by now,” I told him. I looked at the wall clock. It’s eleven o’clock in the evening. Suddenly, brother hugged me. “B-Brother Ling?” I mentioned his name. “I’m fvcking worried, Lu. I felt that you’re getting yourself into a big trouble. What if something bad happens to you? Mom and dad already left us. If you will leave me, I can’t handle it. Please, I’m begging you, be careful. I trust you but nothing will lose if you just need to be careful,” said Brother Ling and kissed my head. I hugged him back. Brother’s hug is warm, just like mom and dad…

On a spur of moment, brother fell into the ground. “What the hell?” I reacted. There, I saw Gusion. I helped brother to get up. “Are you okay, bro?” I asked him. “Y-Yeah. It was nothing. That kid, what’s wrong with him?” He asked. After I helped brother to get up, I confronted Gusion. “What the hell was that, Gusion?!” I asked him. Gusion smirked. “I just felt punching him. I thought he was a punching bag,” he said. My jaw dropped.  What is he thinking? I don’t understand his actions. His action is absolutely meaningless.

“What a punk,” commented my brother. Brother stood in front of him and grabbed his shirt. “If you have anything against me, tell me with your mouth, not with your fists,” said brother to Gusion. “I simply don’t like you hanging around with my girl. Back-off, dude!” Gusion said and pushed brother hard. Brother stepped back because of the strength when Gusion pushed him. When did I become his girl? Nobody owns me, I own myself. I don’t understand Gusion. Can he explain his unnecessary and rude acts?

“Now, I get it…” I heard brother murmured. Brother puts his hand on my waist. “Sorry, punk,” stated brother. He’s obviously provoking Gusion. I moved away from brother. “It’s better if you go back now, Brother Ling,” I said emphasizing the word brother. I pushed brother’s back to the main door. As I pushed him, I saw Leomord outside. Brother suddenly stopped walking. He glanced at Leomord and his expression change. An expression he only showed at his work. They stared each other. “Brother!” I screamed and pushed him again. I got a feeling if I let them stare each other for too long, no one will avoid each other’s gaze. This looked suspicious, as if brother knew Leomord. “You don’t need to push me like that. I’m going now. It was a good choice to drop you off. They’re nice people. I’m relieved that someone will have to protect and guard you when I’m not around. You have nice friends, Lu. I don’t know if they’re your friends or more than that,” he said and laughed. I glared at him. “Okay, okay. I’ll stop teasing you. You better sleep now. It’s late,” said brother and walked away.

I turned around with my hands on my waist. I raised an eyebrow. “You two, go in,” I commanded. Leomord was about to walk away but I held his shirt and pulled him inside. I closed the door. “What the fvck was that? Especially you, Gus! You’re acting like a child!” I shouted. “The door’s widely open. Then, I saw you two. Is it normal for a man to hug a woman? It’s not,” commented Gusion. I facepalmed. “He’s my brother! It will be normal for us,” I defended. “Even so. Seeing you hugged each other is an eyesore,” he added.