Chapter 26

Lunox’s Point of View

My head hurts. Dvmn. I drank too much beer and wine.

“You’re awake,” stated Odette. I looked at her. It has been a while since I have talked to her. She has been busy with her works while I’m busy taking care of my business that I forgot about her. “Yeah,” I answered her briefly. “Here. Take a Haejang-guk.” She gave a bowl of hangover soup. “This is my sign of apologizing for the act I did before,” she said. I took the bowl in her hand. “Nah. I’m cool with it. You acted like a bvtch to protect this section. I was an outsider, everyone didn’t know about me, or what my intention is. So, I understand your actions before,” I said. She stirred the pot then poured the soup in the bowl. “I’m glad you understand me. I was about to kick you out by force but Selena directly opposed me. After a few weeks, I have realized that you’re not someone who’ll harm us and I’m relieved. So, friends?” She said and extended her hands. I hold her hands and we handshake. “Friends,” I said. She smiled at me.

“Help me prepare Haejang-guk for the others. They overdid it especially the boys. I must have reminded them not to get wasted too much because today is a special day. It is the last Intramurals Sports of this batch. We’re already Grade 12 and we’ll be separated after we graduate then we’ll be college students. If you were here before, maybe you can change the fate of Black Section. If only you transferred earlier…” She said. I was curious. “What do you mean?” I asked. “You transferred here for a reason. I knew. You don’t have to lie to me. After you transferred, many things happened behind the scenes and I know you are connected to it,” added Odette. “Can you be more specific? I don’t get you,” I replied. “You’ll know soon. Whatever happens, stick on your beliefs. Don’t be discourage. I know you already have an idea,” she strictly said.

Harith suddenly groaned. He walked towards our direction. “I smell food. Hangover soup!” He said and yawned. “Good afternoon. Here. Take this for your hangover.” I said and offered him the soup. “Thank you. I badly needed this,” said Harith and took a sip.

I also took a sip. Ugh! This is heaven. A good cure for hangover. It’s like brother’s cooking, I like it. I gave Odette a thumbs up. She smiled at me and mouthed ‘thank you’.

“Wohoo! This is delicious. Can I be your husband?” Harith commented. Odette gave her a bvtch look. “You want to die?” She asked. “Hehe. I’m just kidding, ma’am. Lancelot will kill me,” he said. I laughed. “He surely will,” I agreed with him.

“I heard my name. What’s up?” Lancelot suddenly showed up. “Lance, honey,” greeted Odette and gave him a bowl of soup. Lancelot took it and put it on the table. He back hug Odette and planted small kisses on her nape. “Hmm. Lance, I’m cooking. Later. L-Lance…”

“I’m really addicted to your smell, Odette. You smell so good,” I heard him whispered to her. I saw his hands inside of Odette’s uniform. I looked away. What a scene.

“Don’t mind them. Just keep on eating. They’re always like that, being lovey-dovey. You should get used to it. How I wish I have a girlfriend too,” said Harith. I ignored him and continue to eat. “Yah! You’re mean. Why are you ignoring me?” He added. I glanced his head. “What’s that?” I asked him and pointed the thing on top of his head. He touched his head. “A toy?” He wondered when he took it off. “It’s Nana’s toy. I remembered she named it Molina.” I said.

“Ahh. Wait. This is her toy?! Why is this suddenly light? This is heavy before! I remembered when she pounded it on my head, it was like a big rock hit me.”

“I’ll get revenge while Nana’s still sleeping. I’ll murder her toy and she won’t know it,” added Harith. The moment he said that Nana’s behind his back. Oho. Nana’s furious. “You’ll murder what?” She asked. “Ah this bothersome toy,” answered Harith. Nana gave him a deadly look.