Chapter 59

Lunox’s Point of View

We were about to leave when the nurse asked us, “Where are you two going?”

We both looked at each other. Leomord grabbed my hand and we ran to escape them.

“You two!” I heard her yelled before we ran away.

“I didn’t expect that Tophet Chevalier is a trouble-maker.” He squeezed my hand glanced at me.

“You’ll discover more of my personality if you’ll get to know me, Twilight Goddess,” he replied. I shook my head and focused on the way.

“We’re not going to the school entrance. We’ll gather the attention of the media. That’s the last thing I don’t want to happen,” he said. We avoided to encounter people. We didn’t stop running until we went to the back part of the school. Then, I saw a van that is parked. We stopped running and walked towards to the van.

I felt a presence above and Leomord must have felt it too so we halted. I looked above. There’s a man that wears a black suit. He jumped right in front of us. He looked familiar.

“So, you must be Tophet Chevalier. Your face looks young,” he glanced at me then at our holding hands. I released my hands to him.

“A student? Your girlfriend?” He asked.

“Shut it, X,” responded Leomord. Did I hear him correctly? He just said X!

“You are X?!” I exclaimed. X showed me his cheeky smile.

“I didn’t think I’m famous now. May I know your name, milady?” He went in front of me and bowed. Leomord grabbed the back of his shirt and pulled him to the van.

“She’s Twilight Goddess if you don’t know,” he said.

“Twilight Goddess?!” X’s eyes widened. I giggled and waved at him.

“Nice meeting you, X. I have heard a lot of things of you from uncle,” I said.

“Sorry, Twilight! I didn’t know you’re Twilight Goddess. If I have known, I wouldn’t act in a rude manner. I’m sorry, forgive me!” He said as he was being dragged by Leomord. He’s such a child. So, the rumors were true.

“No need to show formalities towards me, X. Like you, I’m a fellow assassin. I want to be treated like the others,” I said. His eyes twinkled.

“Woah! I like you! You’re truly interesting. Marry me and we’ll rule the Lustitia, incorporation. Leave this ferocious monster and be with me. He doesn’t deserve an angel like—aw! Ouch! Please be gentle, Toph!” He said as Leomord pulled him in a harsh way. X is one of the top 10 best assassins in Lustitia, inc. He ranks in 7th place. His asset is his brain. He has great intelligence. He may look dumb but it’s his cover. As they all say, don’t judge the book by its cover. Inside the book, a monster is hiding and waiting for his prey to be trap inside.

“Stop bullying me, Toph! If you keep on bullying me, I won’t give you this,” he took out a zip lock plastic inside his coat. I was shocked when I saw it. It is no other than Gusion’s handkerchief. The handkerchief that I gave back to him. It is almost burned but the embroidery of his name is still visible. I saw Leomord gazed at me.

“It’s his so it is confirmed that he’s officially dead. Where’s his body?” Leomord said. X scratched his head.

“About that, I haven’t found it. There were too many bodies in the place! His body must be turned into ashes. Besides, I can’t stay longer or else I’ll get caught by the cops. I can’t risk my identity. This handkerchief is enough evidence to confirm that he is died. Also, it’s impossible for him to escape the explosion. First, he was heavily injured. Second, the poison must have spread in his body, it means that his time living in this planet is already limited. Third, he insisted on staying along with Steel Douglas. Steel Douglas died for certain because the moment his heart stopped; the bombs planted through the school will activate. He accepted his faith open arms. At least, his death is not horrible,” he said. I felt like my heart has been stabbed many times after hearing what he said. He has a point. Don’t assume that he’s still alive, Lunox.

“Thank you for the help, X,” said Leomord.

“I’m just returning the favor, Toph. My job here is done. I got to go. Actually, I flee on my current mission because of this incident. Be touched by it, Toph. I chose you than my mission. Our brotherhood is spectacular,” Leomord dragged him to the van. He opened the door and threw him inside. Then, he closed the door.

“Goodbye,” he said. Then, he faced me.

“Now, all is clear to you, Lu. He’s gone,” I gave him a bitter smile. It’s hard to accept but it’s the truth. I have no other choice but to accept it wholeheartedly. This the first step to move-on, to accept that he’s truly gone. I won’t forget him. I will treasure the memories we have spent together.

“I’ll still investigate this case even though the mission was complete. We can’t be at ease. It will be an uproar to our enemies. This incident will be over the news. It will be better if you stay in the hospital for a month. This issue will surprise many people. Let’s wait until the people will calm down. All of us needs to take a rest. This mission is truly tiring. My body already reached its limit. I…” He yawned. Uh oh. All of a sudden, he collapsed but I caught him.

“You should tell it to yourself, Leo. You need to rest the most. Stop acting tough. Look how tired you are,” I mumbled. I carried him on my back. Gosh! He’s so heavy. Fvck. Can I do this? I feel like my bones will break anytime. I’ll just imagine that this is one of my tough trainings. We returned to the ambulance. They hurriedly assisted me when they saw us. They took Leomord on my back.

“Sleep tight, Leo,” I muttered before they took him away from me completely. After an hour, we were transferred to the hospital. Uncle Johnson paid all of our hospital bills. It is only applicable for the members of Lustitia, incorporation that were involved in the incident tonight. So, it means that I, Wanwan, Brother Ling, and Leomord are the chosen people that didn’t need to pay the bills using our own money.

I stared at the ceiling as I lied down on the hospital bed. As Leomord suggested, I will stay in the hospital for about a month. I crossed my arms and closed my eyes.

“What a hellish night,” I mumbled.