Chapter 24

Lunox’s Point of View

“It’s easy to say but difficult to do,” I said. He leaned on the sofa. “That’s our problem. It’s difficult,” said Gusion.

“How about… we use Sir Franco? The whole class trust him—” My sentence was cut when he slapped the table. “No! Don’t… I’m sorry. Not him,” said Gusion and massaged his temple. His expression changed. I knew Sir Franco is respected and trusted not only to our section but also the other sections, even the school director. If he sided with us, it will be an easy task, so why did he reject my suggestion?

I stared fiercely at him.

“Lu, this is for our own good. Not him. I have another idea. Let’s ask Leo’s help,” said Gusion. My eyes widened. I formed my hands into a cross sign. “I reject.” I said. His forehead creased.

“Gus, this is for our own good.” I copied what he said. He glared at me. If we asked for Leomord’s help, he’ll know our plan and I can’t risk that.

“Leo can be trusted, and you know that.” He said. I smirked. “How can you say he can be trusted just because you’ve known him for years? You trust too much, Gus.” I said.

“You’re the opposite. You don’t trust others easily. I know that even though we’re working together, there’s still a part of you that don’t trust me,” replied Gusion. He’s wrong! I… trust him.

I touched my chest. There’s a small part of me that I can’t give my whole trust on him. And that part is —

“Let’s stop arguing. Let’s be professional.” I stated. I can’t let my feelings hinder and so does he.

“I agree with you. Then, we’ll put it like this. You tell me the reason why you don’t want Leo to be part of the plan and I tell you the reason why I don’t like us to choose Sir Franco,” he said. Dvmn. This man is getting harder to deal with. He’s getting better and he’s improving fast. I guess I can’t remain it a secret from now on. It’s now or never.

“Leo, your best buddy, is a traitor. He teamed up with the spy,” I said. His face turned into a poker face. “That’s it,” I added. He didn’t say a word. He remained silent. This news must have shocked him. I need to understand his feelings. If we need to on-hold our plan, I won’t complain.

“Gus…. If this—”

“Then so be it. There’s a motto, keep your friends close and your enemies closer.  You didn’t tell me immediately or, you have no intention of telling me because I might impede our plan. I understand. If he’s a traitor, so be it. This is my top priority. If I lose a friend along the way, I don’t give a fvck, as long as this plan will succeed. We must make this plan worked,” said Gusion. Nice. He overcome it quickly and faster. I thought he will make a decision after few more days. I didn’t expect him to act and decide on the spot.

“You’re stronger than before.” I commented. He smiled at me. “Thank you. It was because of you. I think I’ve been influence by your personality.” I pointed myself. What’s the connect of my personality in his situation?

“It’s decided. We’ll choose Leo,” he announced. I was about to comment when I saw his face. He’s serious. His face tells me that no matter what I say, his decision is final and nobody can change it. “Okay. You win this time.” I surrendered. I heard him whispered ‘yes!’. He did that on purpose. I should have known.

“Leo it is,” I said.

We’ll execute the third step now. Prepare yourself.

After our discussion, we went back to the classroom. I can hear their loud voices outside the room but as we went in, the class were silent. It was because of Gusion. The outcome of the fight. Gusion didn’t pay attention to them and walked forward like he done nothing. I sat on my seat.