Chapter 58

Lunox's Point of View

When the school is on fire, the firemen along with the firetruck put off the fire but because the fire is too strong and the school is huge, one firetruck isn't enough. They used about five firetrucks to put down the fire.

"Your leg is wounded, Lu," stated Uncle Johnson. I looked at my leg.

"Let's go to the ambulance and get you treated," added uncle. This is nothing compared to Gusion. I laid my head on Leomord's chest. I held his shirt tightly. Leomord touched my head.

"I'll carry her to the ambulance," he said. Uncle tapped Leomord's shoulders.

"Okay, son. Thank you for bringing her back safe," he said.

"It's your request and even if you don't ask me, I will keep her safe," replied Leomord. "We'll leave now," added Leomord. We stand up while he's carrying me in his arms.

We went to the ambulance. A nurse approached us and Leomord put me down to sit on the back part of the ambulance.

"Wounds and gunshots on her leg," stated the nurse. "The bullet is still stuck on your leg. We need to get it out," she added. I just stared at her.

"How about you sir? Do you have any wounds?" She glanced at Leomord. Leomord titled as a sign of no.

"Prioritize her. She's in a worst state than I am," he replied. The nurse nodded. While she's treating me, I looked around. Many nurses are running while holding stretchers and calling for an ambulance to drive them in the nearest hospital. Students that doesn't have fatal injuries are being treated like me. Reporters are on the other side waiting for some answers to their questions. Policemen are blocking the reporters so that they won't bother us. Tonight, it was a mess. I looked above and saw the moon's color.

"Red," I muttered. There are no stars... no. When did it appeared? The last time I checked there were no stars.

"Pretty," I mumbled when I looked at the only bright star in the sky. It just appeared now. 

Gus, is that you? Did you turn into a star so that you'll guide us from above? 

It's twinkling. I remembered about the topic about the paradise we've talked about. How's the paradise up there? At least, you won't feel pain and suffering anymore. You're unfair! You said that we'll both go up there together. Is it because I denied you that you went ahead and left me? You're so mean!

"Ouch!" I hissed.

"I'm sorry. I took out the bullet successfully. You're brave. I didn't hear you scream when I'm treating you," she said. It's because I'm used to pain. This is nothing compared to what I'm feeling right now.

"Can you mend my broken heart too? It hurts more than my wounds," I said. She stopped treating me and raised her head to look at me. She caressed my face.

"You have lost someone important today, haven't you?" I looked away.

"How did you know?"

"The look in your eyes say it. Okay, I'm done here!" She said and stretched her arms.

"The man who brought you here doesn't want to be treated unless he made sure that you get treated first. He has been guarding you since you came here but you seemed to be spaced out so you didn't notice," and pointed the Leomord who's eyes closed while leaning on the door of the ambulance.

"I understand that your heart is broken but don't make them worry. He cares about you a lot. He didn't leave by your side," she said. I straightened up.

"Don't stand! You're not fully healed yet," she commented. I walked towards to Leomord. I lowered my head to see his face clearly.

"Don't bother me! How many times do I have to tell you that she's more important...?" He opened his eyes and stopped talking when he saw me.

"L-Lu, your wound!" He glanced at my wounds. "Why are you here? Don't move around or it will bleed again. Don't be stubborn!" I kissed his cheek. He was stunned.

"Thank you," I said and smiled. I sat beside him and leaned on his shoulder.

"You're okay now? You can cry if you're still hurt," he said.

"My tears ran out. I can't cry anymore," I joked.

"Back there, you must have hated me because I let him stay but it's his choice and I respected it."

"I understand. You're not to blame. It was clearly my fault. I was being selfish that I didn't think his feelings. I was only thinking about my feelings. At least, he didn't regret his choice. I should have respected his decision. I was being immature. He must have felt guilty because of me," I explained. Then, my head felt heavier. He also leaned on me.

"You just expressed your feelings so no one's to be blame. There's also a part of me that I want to drag out him out there. Thank you for expressing it in my place. All of us felt the same. He was my fvcking best friend so you're not the only who's hurting, Lu. We'll prepare a proper burial for him. Do you like my idea? It will make you feel better," he said. I chuckled.

"You're like saying me that you have prepared his burial beforehand!" I replied. He smirked.

"Do you think he's happy?" I asked.

"Yes and no."

"What kind of reply is that?"

"Yes, because at last, he makes up with his father. Their relationship is not father and son at the first place so it's a relief knowing that before his father's death, they were able to clear their misunderstanding. No, because he has left behind someone important here. He wants to spend his life with that certain someone yet he can't because of what happened tonight," he said.

"That someone is me," I replied.

"Yeah." We just watched what was going on around us.

"How about brother?"

"They informed me that he's at the hospital now. He's the top 3 best assassins of Lustitia, inc. That kind of injury isn't enough to kill him," he replied.

"I see... I'm glad to know," I said. "Also, I want to thank you for everything you have done for me," I added.

"No need to thank me. I just did what I have to do. Besides, I will not forgive myself if anything happens to you. A promise is a promise. I'll be strong so that I'll be able to protect you on my own. That's what we have promise, isn't it?" I tried to hide my smile. This man is really childish! He hasn't forgotten about our promise through these years.

"Yes, sir," I responded.

"What's your next step, Lu? Now that Steel Douglas is gone. Your goal is completed. What will you do next?" Now that I have to think of it, I don't know. I haven't thought of what my future will be. All that matters is that I'll find him and kill him but the situation didn't end what it supposed to be.

"I haven't thought about it," I replied.

"Then, start thinking of your future. You have to set a new purpose and goal in your life. You can't be stuck forever," he said. I bumped my head to his head. He fixed his position and touched his head.

"Aw! Why would you do that?!" He exclaimed.

"You're not a priest so stop preaching me!" I said. He rubbed his head. Then, he laughed.

"I'll stop now," then he patted my head. Our moment was interrupted when his phone rang.

"Got a call," he showed his phone and answered it. I leaned closer to him so that I can hear their conversation.

"You have his body?"

"I'll be right there."

Then, the call was ended. I looked at him. He faced me.

"They have found Gus' body," he reported. My eyes widen.

"I'll come with you," I said in a determined tone. He patted my head.

"That's why I've told you," he replied.