Chapter 57

Lunox's Point of View

"Stop or I'll shoot," we walked as held me hostage. They halted. I can't move properly. The fear is corrupting my body. Because of him, I was traumatized and my mental health have worsened. It took me several years to heal again. I thought I have overcome it but look at my devastated state.

Leomord smiled when he saw me staring at him and locked his pinkies.

"Our promise," he mouthed.

"Now!" He shouted. In a split second, Steel Douglas loosened his grip. He released his gun.  A chance! I ran towards to Leomord but he grabbed my hand. In my peripheral view, I saw that he took out a knife inside his pocket. He smirked at me and looked at me with murderous eyes.

"Let me take you with me," he said in between. I will get stabbed! I closed my eyes.

However, someone hugged me from behind. My eyes widen. I turned around my head to see who is it.

"Gusion!" I called his name. He just smiled. Then, his smile changed into a scream. I glanced at his back. He got stabbed instead of me. He took the hit to protect me.

"Just right i-in time," he stated and we both fell down on the ground. I looked at his wound. It's bleeding too much!

"G-Gusion, y-you're bleeding! I'll go call Angel. She can treat you—" I was about to ask for help when he touched my hand and squeezed it. He titled his head as a sign of no. He tried to sit. I helped him to sit.

"Why would you sacrifice your life for her?! Her family's the one who murdered your mother and sister!" Steel Douglas said. Gusion raised his middle finger.

"I'm not indebted to you anymore. Our deal's off now, old man," he said and coughed blood.

"You ungrateful bstard! I took you in and gave you my all. This is how will you repay me?!" Steel Douglas is losing his control.

"I should have done this before but I was scared. You were blinded by the grief of your family's death. You have me but they are what you are looking for! I am your son, alive and kicking, you should have focused on me more. All these years, you treated me like nothing! We're not related by blood but I have treated you as my father. I appreciated that you adopted me and gave me a shelter to live, clothes to wear, food to eat, school to study but, did you ask yourself if you were a father to me? No!" Steel Douglas approached us and slapped Gusion. Then, he glared at me. He grabbed my collar but Gusion held his wrist.

"She got nothing to do with us, old man. She's one of the people who showed me the love and care which I didn't get from you. She's the woman I love, she's Lunox. I'm your son so you must know that when it comes to my loved ones, I'll do anything to protect them even if costs my life, father," he stands up. He can't balance himself and the blood is flowing out from his body as he walks. He won't last long. He needs treatment as soon as possible.

"Gus..." I mentioned his name with a worried tone. Gusion glanced at me and messed my hair.

"I'm—" He coughed blood. He covers his mouth and continued his sentence, "Okay..."

He faced Steel Douglas. He approached him while he held his wound to suppress the blood from coming out. Gusion could not walk straight. I can't understand Steel Douglas expression. Why is his face shock?

"Son..." He said. When Gusion is in front of him, he can't handle it anymore and he knelt down but Steel Douglas caught him.

"Sorry, Lu, I know I'm being unfair to you but I should end him. He's my father and this is my right as his son to finish him," then he vomited blood. Steel Douglas looked at his hands where the blood of Gusion splashed. He is getting weak! His face is pale. I stand up but Leomord stopped me.