Chapter 40

Lunox’s Point of View

“Are you ready?” Roger yelled.

“Yes!” They shouted. It is already night time. It is full moon and there are no stars. It’s either a good or evil omen. I hope it’s a good one.

“Twilight, please take care of our juniors,” said Roger and glanced at the students at my back.

“Yeah, sure,” I answered.

“Go to the safe zone now,” he said. I sighed.

“Don’t let anyone die before I come back, okay?” I asked. He smiled. “Sure! My intuition tells me that this will be a piece of cake!” He said and laughed. I just looked at him. I tapped his shoulder. “Alright. I believe in you,” I said.

I turned around to the fifteen students of Class B Grade 10. “Shall we go to the safe zone?” I asked them. They just nodded. They looked so lifeless. It was as if their emotions disappeared, just like a zombie. They were truly traumatized. It’s a good decision that I get out of them here first. If not, they will be killed because they will not even defend themselves when someone will attack them.

I walked ahead and they followed me. We’re now out of the territory of Roger. “The safest route is the back forest,” I said. But they didn’t react or reply to what I’ve said. “After we get out here, it will be safe. No more bloodshed,” I added. Still, no response. I’m like talking to a ghost. I sighed. I’ll just let them be for now. We keep on walking. The camp was in the inner part of the forest so we’re far away from our destination. This will be a long night. If I’m by myself, I can easily escape this forest within five minutes. However, I’m with them so I have to adjust.

I hope I can get back there right in time.

Roger… please be safe.

Then, one of them pulled my suit. She’s trembling. “K-Killing i-intent…” She whispered. I stopped. “The drill everyone,” I said. They suddenly compressed. I took out Moonlit. “Moonlit, split into two,” I mumbled.

 “Moonlit, split into two,” I mumbled

Moon transformed into a crossbow.