Chapter 14

Lunox's Point of View

"Here's your card. Sorry it took a while to give it to you," said Sir Franco. It's a black card, a highly exclusive credit card which is reserved almost exclusively for the ultra-rich. By using this card, I can easily travel to other places without paying attention to the travel expenses. "This black card—"

"No need to explain, sir. I knew already what a black card is capable of." I said. "I see..."

Lose the match.

I suddenly remembered Leomord's words. Why will he want me to lose the match? What will happen if I win or lose?

"Lunox! Ms. Lunox Radcliffe!" Sir Franco shouted. I came back to my senses. "Sorry, sir. I just remembered something." I said.

"Do you have any business to deal with?" He asked.

"Yes, but it doesn't concern you or the section. It's a personal business I have to deal with. However, thank you for the concern." I said and bowed as a sign of respect. "I got to go now, sir! Bye!" I bid goodbye to Sir Franco. If I stayed there longer, I can't avoid his questions anymore.

I needed to find Gusion and asked him directly. I went to the park, his usual place. I'm right because he's there. I approached him. "Gus!" I greeted him. Like before, he didn't notice me as if I'm not here. "What are you reading? A new book? About the book you gave me, I've read it. I haven't finished reading it but I can say that it's a lot of mysteries and unanswered questions. For example, who's Misaki? How did the curse occur? Is the protagonist connected to the curse?" I said. Gusion closed his book. Yes! I've gained his attention. You can't escape me now. "Just keep reading. There'll be no excitement if I'll spoil the novel," said Gusion.

"You didn't come here just to tell me that. Speak," he added. He really does know me. I shrugged my shoulders. I've become serious. "Leomord talked to me yesterday." I said.

"What did he say to you?" He asked and gave me a confused look. Oho. So, he didn't have a clue? "I thought you're smart." I teased him. He went near to me. I remained on my position. He leveled his face on mine. "What are you trying to do?" I asked. He held my hair and smelled it. "Raspberry," he said. I was about to stand up when he pinned me down. "G-Gus..." I stuttered mentioning his name.

Does he think I'll be tempted easily? If that's what he wants, bring it on. I looked at his eyes. Now that I can clearly saw at his eyes. He has light blue eyes. "What are you trying to do?" I asked. He just smiled. He bent down. Is he trying to kiss me?! "Gusion! If you will not speak. I will not let myself be swayed by you. You know me, Gusion." I said.

"Shh. Stay still for a moment," said Gusion. Is there something wrong? I'm still pinned down by him. His face is going nearer as if he's about to kiss me. I'm not expecting him to kiss me but why all of a sudden?

"Look to your left, at the building," he whispered. We're like making out in our position. His head is leaning on my shoulder. His body is on top of me, if he will not push his weight both of our bodies will clash together. I looked at my left side. "My mistake. To your right side," whispered Gusion. I can feel his breath on my neck. It brings shivers down my spine. I looked at my right side. A light's being reflected at the top left building. A sniper, no doubt.

"A sniper. You're the target," I stated. His breath's getting heavier. Stay still, Lunox. You can overcome this. "G-Gusion?"

"I'm alright. Yeah. I'm the target," admitted Gusion. An idea popped on my mind. I'll take advantage of the situation.

"I can help you," I said. "Just say the word and the sniper will be killed." I added.

"What are you talking about?" He asked. I put my hands on his head and gently touched his hair. "You don't know me, Gus. I don't know you too. We're in this situation because of you."

"What do you want from me?" He asked. He took the bait. I gripped his hair and let it face me. "I want you," I said.

"Me? What's your purpose, your goal? Are you trying to destroy Black Section too? Are you one of his men who's trying to kill me? Who are you, Lunox Radcliffe?" He asked. Oho. He's asking a lot of questions. He's also curious of me just like how I'm curious of him. "Let's make a deal. I'll tell you who I am, and you'll tell me who you are. Agree?"

"Why would—" I put my index finger on his mouth. "Shh. What important right now is the sniper. If we can't get rid of it, you're dead and he'll kill me too because the sniper doesn't want to leave any traces. Tell me your answer to our deal. Agree or disagree?" I asked him once more.

"Fvck. Do I have any other choice? I agree. If anything happens to me or my section. I'll kill you," he said. "Don't, Gusion. I'm so afraid!" I jokingly said. He glared at me.

"What's the plan?" He asked. The sniper didn't know that we already spotted him. "I'll leave. You stay. Hide behind the tree where he can't see you. While you're hiding, I'll go to the building and kill him." I explained our plan. "Kill? How can you say that easily!" He said. Don't tell me... He had never killed someone?

"Because I'm Lunox Radcliffe." I said. He sighed. "Don't kill the sniper. I'll interrogate him." He said. So, he wants to gain information. I like that! Information's the best.

"Okay! The plan's set. Can you let me go now?" I asked. He looked at our position and quickly stood up. "You just noticed how awkward our position is? What a strange man you are, Gus." I said. "I still want to talk to you but I'll get going now. Just hide there. Don't get yourself killed!" I said as I walk away. He just stared at me. I can't read what on his mind. Gusion, you're really something. I want to know more about you.

Let's not think about him for a while. I have a mission. I went back to the classroom and got my backpack. "Lu? Where are—" Sorry, Phars. But this is more important.

I went to the comfort room and locked myself. I opened my bag. My weapons. I grabbed a few. This will be enough. I closed my bag. I left my bag there. I'm in a hurry. I'll get that later.

I ran as I climbed the stairs. 5th floor is my destination. I needed to go there as soon as possible or it will be too late. As an assassin, we need to work fast. Fastly but surely. We leave no traces.

When I got to the 5th floor. I prepared myself. Top left. I hid my presence so that the sniper won't felt it. It will make my job easier. It's actually difficult for the target to live, but because of Gusion, I had to let him live. I took a break from my job but I missed killing someone! I missed the sweet scent of blood in my hands. I guess I have to endure it. The sweet taste of blood of the Mask Man will be worth it!

Focus, Lunox. Don't be distracted. Your mission is the sniper. I slowly went at the direction of the sniper. I hid in the corner. I clearly see him now. We're only few meters away from each other.

I rolled over to the other side. I prepared my tranquilizer gun. This baby is very useful for capturing people. I positioned myself. I aimed it on the sniper's butt. This mission isn't related in assassination. Might as well enjoy myself. "Now." I said. I trigger the gun and shot it. It was shot directly at his butt. I can't hide this anymore. I laughed so hard.

"That was too easy. Too easy," I said between my laughs. I tied the sniper so that he won't escape. I need to go back and fetch Gusion so that he can interrogate him.

This is just getting more interesting. As he interrogates him, I'll interrogate him as well. I will not miss this chance. I will know who you are, Gusion. Just you wait!