Chapter 21

Lunox’s Point of View

“Brother! I’m home!” I shouted as I went in. It looked like brother’s cooking at the kitchen. I put down my bag and greeted brother. “Brother! Brother?” I asked. A woman with an apron holding a knife. I glared at her and she did the same. It was like we had laser in our eyes.

“Who are you?” We asked at the same time. Then, brother showed up. My jaw dropped when he went out half n@ked and the towel is the only clothing he has. Obviously, he just finished taking a bath. I grabbed the pillow and threw it at him. “Stupid, bro! Dress up first. You’re embarrassing!” I shouted. The woman’s face turned red. I approached and covered her eyes. “R-18,” I said. I shot glares to my brother. “Dress up.” I commanded. Brother Ling gave me a silly smile and went to his room. I removed my hands on her.

“You’re cooking adobo. Brother Ling’s favorite food. I’m Lunox, the only woman in brother’s heart. You are?” I said. This is the first-time brother brought a woman to our house. She’s special. Is she his girlfriend? The woman faked a cough. “I’m Wanwan. His partner,” she introduced. I haven’t heard her name before. “How many years have you been partner?” I asked. I don’t know about my brother’s mission or whether he has a partner. An assassin’s identity is kept hidden or it is a secret that should never be told to anyone. “He’s been my partner since he became an assassin,” she said. It means that they’re been together over five years?! “Aren’t you his girlfriend?” I asked. She flinched and she suddenly cut her fingers. It started to bleed.

“I can smell it. It’s really good—Shvt! You’re very clumsy, Wan. Take a good care of yourself. Lil sis, get the medical kit.” He said. “Okay,” I replied. This woman likes my brother, too obvious. From what I see, brother cares for her. Interesting. Love is in the air. I took the medical kit and gave it to my brother. “You care for her so much, brother. You didn’t tell me you have a girlfriend,” I said. I liked to see the woman’s face again! She’s obvious that she likes brother. “She’s like a sister to me. We’ve been together since I started being an assassin. We knew each other well. Of course, I care for her,” he said while treating Wanwan. She turned gloomy. Sister-zoned, that hurts real time.

“I’m okay now. After we eat, I should go back,” said Wanwan.

“Why? You can stay for a while,” said brother.

“I don’t want to burden you, Li. I’ve been grateful for what you did to me, but I don’t need your help. We’re not in a relationship. Please don’t act like you are jealous. It confused me. You know I have feelings for you. Don’t give me hope. Thank you for letting me meet your sister. The rumors were true. Her mere presence ticks you off and intimidates you. She's an interesting character. Take a good care of her. Now I know why you chose her instead of me. Once you get a hold of her, you don’t want to let go. You two are a perfect match. I can’t beat her,” She said. She prepared the food and we ate. After we eat, she bid good bye. The awkward atmosphere disappeared.

“You need to explain. She misunderstood us, dimwit! What did you tell her?” I asked. He’s currently washing the dishes. “I didn’t tell her we’re blood-related,” he said. I facepalmed. “You’re stupid! She obviously likes you. Give her chance, c’mon. Date her. At least enjoy your life. You don’t need to hide your identity from her. Plus, you knew each other for years… That would be great. You don’t have to pretend. You don’t have to lie. You’re lucky that someone loves you. You’re lucky someone needed your attention. You’re lucky someone understands you. Keep her, bro. I don’t want you to be tied to me. I’m all grown-up. I can handle myself. Don’t waste the opportunity to fall in love. Love is a wonderful feeling. Also, you’re 23 years old, you’re not getting younger. This is your chance. This is the chance to break the title ‘NGSB’, no girlfriend since birth.” I said and went in my room. I heard he shouted my name for me to come back. I covered my ears and pretended I didn’t hear him. You need to think also of your own happiness, brother. This is the least I can do.