Chapter 53

Lunox's Point of View

It's too quiet. Renz warned me about this place, it is more menacing. It is more nerve wrecking when the atmosphere is too quiet and silent. I suddenly felt chills. I need to be careful and cautious. The more I'm getting nearer to Black Section's building, the more I get a nervous feeling. My guts tell me that this place is dangerous.

I'm half-way to the building. There's a foul smell. "A smell of blood," I stated. The smell is getting closer. It means that I'm close by. Then, I halted. The ground became wet. The sound of footsteps when you're walking in water can be heard. The place is dim so I can't see well. I took out my phone and opened the flashlight. Then, I lightened the place.

All of a sudden, I released my phone. It fell on the ground with blood. My phone became color red. I observed the place. This place turned into a sea of blood. I just noticed the dead bodies, intact and impaired, around me. I stepped forward. Then, I heard something that squished. I lowered my head.

"What is this..." I murmured. I have stepped on a finger. "I'm going to puke," I said and covered my mouth. They were slaughtered like animals. This is dreadful. I can't imagine the pain they must have felt. The screams of agony and the way they pleaded to spare their life. I closed my eyes.

"I can hear you all," I said. I opened my eyes. I breathed in and out. I fixed my gaze. "You don't deserve this. I will not be confused anymore. Steel Douglas must pay at all cost," I said.

I continued to walk while I cover my nose with a handkerchief. Then, I glanced at the handkerchief. There's a name embedded to it. "Gusion," I read it and chuckled. I forgot to give this to him back. He let me borrowed his handkerchief when he saw me crying. Thinking about that moment, I felt so embarrassed. What's worse is that Gusion is the only person who saw me in that state and it is also the time where we got closer.

It's clear that he betrays us and he's the traitor but even though I keep telling it to myself, I don't believe that he betrays us and cooperates with Steel Douglas. I still have faith in him. The trust I have put in him faded but I still have faith in him. I held the handkerchief tightly.

"I will give this back to you," I whispered.

I continued to walk until I have passed by the place of sea of blood. I removed the handkerchief that covers my nose. I placed it back inside my pocket. Then, I stopped.

"There's no reason to hide," I put out my pocket gun. I triggered the gun and didn't hesitate to shoot. I heard the sound of the body collapsed on the ground. Then, I threw the gun where I felt another presence beside me. His formation must have been broken because I threw the gun at him. I lowered my head.

"Moonlit," I stated. Moonlit came back to me while she transformed into a Fixation Bowie. I smirked. "Nice choice of weapon, Moonlit," I commented.

Fixation Bowie is a combat type of knife that has great balance and proportion which makes it nimble

I spin around and dig the knife on his stomach. I dug it deeper and slashed it. I heard him coughed. He knelt on the ground. He held his stomach and coughed out of blood. My hands have blood now. I shake the knife to the left. The blood in my knife splattered into the ground because of what I did. I kicked his jaw resulting for him to lie on the floor.