Chapter 62

Lunox's Point of View

The tears keep on flowing. It won't stop. Even in your death, you still think and care about me. You're kind-hearted and gentleman yet you died an early age. I will miss you...

However, I can't be depressed forever. I have to move forward. I will not forget you rather I'll remember you for the rest of my life. I will cherish all of the memories we have spent time together. Suddenly, the door opened.

"I'm coming in. I'm a police officer from the police department. I have few questions for—" He's scanning through the papers as he opens the door. I stared at him as he held the door knob. He stopped when he saw me. Then, there's deep silence.

"Uh wrong room," he closed the door. I was speechless. He should knock first before he barged in a room! He should know that! I hugged my knees. That was so embarrassing! He saw me crying. I hid my face on my knees. What's worse is that I have kept my first impression as fearless and strong yet he saw my devastating state a while ago! My reputation is ruined.

"Relax, Lu," I cheered myself. I fixed my hair and wiped the tears on my face.  I got out of the bed and opened the door. I saw the police officer leaning beside the door with his arms crossed. He turned his head to look at me. He glanced at the folder he's holding.

"You must be Miss Lunox Radcliffe. I'm Auberon Koufax, a police officer," we handshake. I just stared at him. He looked away and faked a cough. Then, he bowed. I stepped backward by his sudden action.

"I'm sorry! I apologize for what I have done earlier. Next time, I will knock. Sorry for ruining your moment," he said. I bent down and leveled him.

"Apology accept, Officer Koufax," I replied and smiled. He raised his head and I saw his awe expression.

"Officer Koufax?"

"You're prettier when you smile, Miss Lunox Radcliffe. You should smile often. Just call me Officer Au," he said. I smiled wider by his statement. This officer is good at his words. I'll rate him nine out of ten. This the second time someone told me that I'm prettier when I smile.

"Okay, Officer Au," wait, this police officer looked familiar. I think I have seen him somewhere but I can't pinpoint where and when.

"Miss Lunox Radcliffe, to show how sincere my apology is, I know a place where you will feel much better. You must be hurting now because it stated in the file that you were part of the tragic incident happened in Pedelton High School," I raised an eyebrow. He's straightforward. He didn't care if I'll be hurt by his words.

"Stop calling me, miss. You can address me by my first name. It's not liked our age gap is that far. You rather look young. Base on your physical features, we're in the same age."

"I may look young but I'm twenty-one years old," he replied. I leaned closer to him.

"What?! You are twenty-one?! Oh, you're three years older than my age."

"So, you're eighteen," I scanned his face. He has such a baby face! He looked younger than me. Why is the world so unfair?

"I have business with you but we can discuss it later. There's a place here where you can express your feelings. I usually end up in this hospital when I was in your age because I like to challenge my upperclassmen. So, whenever I'm pissed off, I'll go that place and screamed to voice out my anger without anyone stopping me," he grabbed my hand and we ran. Where is he taking me? I was curious of what he said so I let myself be swayed by him.

"Is that a patient? Why is she out of her room? Didn't the doctor inform us that patients should stay in their respective rooms? No one is allowed to go out!"