Chapter 60

Lunox’s Point of View

It has been two weeks since the incident. I regret that I have to stay here for a month. I’m so bored! All I can do is watch television, scan through my social media accounts and play games in my phone. I’m not allowed to go out. I messed up my hair. Leomord must have planned it from the start! What a cunning man he is, I should have known. Someone knocked on the door. I fixed how I seat.

“Come in,” I said. The door opened and it showed Leomord. When I saw his face, I squinted angrily at him. I pointed him, “You!” He’s holding a basket of fruits. He placed it on the table.

“How’s your wounds?” He sat down on the chair. He took an apple from the fruit basket. Then, he peeled me an apple.

“When can I go out?” Not minding his question.

“After one month,” he replied. “Your wounds?” He asked again.

“It’s healing quickly. I think it’s time for me to get out of here,” I answered and crawled towards him. He touched my forehead and pushed me gently.

“Aw! I’m a patient here so don’t bully me! What if the stitches opened up?”

“They can just stitch it again,” he replied. My eyes widen. I took the bellow beside him and threw it at him. Unfortunately, he dodged it.

“I’m peeling you an apple so don’t disturb me,” he said. I puffed my cheeks. This guy, he always won! I can’t even argue with him because in the end, I will lose no matter what. When the apple is all peeled, he sliced the apple. Then, the sliced apple is stuck on the knife.

“Here,” he put it in front of my lips. I opened my mouth and took a bite. After I took a bite, he also took a bite in the same apple.

“It’s sweet, isn’t it?” My face is burning. Then, he wiped the side of my lips using his thumb. I covered my eyes. This is humiliating! What’s with his sweet actions towards me?

“Are you alright? Are you hurt?” He leaned closer to me. I can feel his presence in front of me. He smells so dvmn good! I sniffed him silently.

“Le Male Jean Paul Gaultier is my perfume,” I stopped sniffing him and pushed him. I lied down and covered myself with a pillow.

“Get out!” I shouted.

“What did I do?”

“Just get out!” I heard him chuckled.

“Okay, okay. But before I go, I’ll place a flash drive beside the fruit basket. There’s a video inside it, watch it if you have time,” the door opened then closed.

“Finally, he’s gone!” I removed the pillow that covers my face. I always feel tense and uncomfortable when he’s with me. I don’t understand myself. I touched my chest. It’s still beating fast and loud. Then, I glanced at the flash drive on the table. I stretched my arms and took it. I observed the flash drive.

“A video? It can be a pvrn video inside,” I giggled. I shook my head. Stop thinking naughty thoughts. It’s impossible that the video inside is inappropriate, Leomord isn’t that kind of person. Argh! I’m more curious to know what kind of video is waiting for me. I placed it back on the table. I’ll watch it later because I’m still lazy.

I browsed through my phone. I saw a lot of messages. Most of it are from Black Section especially our group chat. After the incident, we have gotten closer. I read some of the messages, “I can’t still believe that Sir Franco is the mastermind.” “Same! He was the only person in the school who is nice to us.” “Let’s not talk about him! Let’s talk about our outstanding officers. Even in times of the crisis, they have done their responsibility to protect the school. President Leo for life!” I smiled. I’m glad that they’re not down and feel depressed.

Most of us are still staying in the hospital. I, Wanwan and Brother Ling were transferred into another hospital that is owned by Uncle Johnson. It is for our safety. Our identities were exposed that’s why we needed to be careful. The enemies might take advantage that we’re hospitalized and tried to murder us. Brother Ling’s condition is stable now. His room is just beside my room but he isn’t waking up yet. The doctor stated that he’ll wake up soon. Wanwan’s okay now, she can move. She’s currently guarding my brother. She was too worried of Brother Ling that she didn’t leave his side. While Leomord, he just took a one-day rest then after that he’s back at work. Geez! He’s such a workaholic man. He wasn’t hospitalized because he only has minor injuries.

I, Selena and Pharsa have talked. Our friendship is officially back. We cleared the misunderstanding between the three us. Pharsa was throwing tantrums at first when we told the whole story. We just laughed it out. Actually, we’re planning to hang out soon.

Roger and Ruby’s relationship is going smoothly. The news spread quickly. The funny part is Ruby asked Roger if she can court him. Roger, as a funny guy, agreed to Ruby. That’s why Ruby is always visiting Roger’s room to take care of him. Roger, that guy, is surely having a great time that someone is taking care of him. I want to smack him when we meet again.

I have found out that the person Calvin, the other student along with Roger I have met in the forest, is talking about is Wanwan. It means that Calvin’s sister is Wanwan. So, the two of them talked again. This time, Calvin asked the right questions. He thought that Wanwan isn’t happy on what she’s doing and she’s being forced. Wanwan also explained the reason why she stayed instead of leaving the incorporation. Of course, her reason? It’s my brother. She fell deeply in love to my brother. My brother is truly lucky man that there’s a woman like Wanwan in her life. She didn’t leave him no matter what and stayed beside him. When Calvin found out that I’m Brother Ling’s sister, he ignored me for three days because he can’t accept the fact that I’m related to my brother.

Odette and Lancelot have already been discharged. They didn’t suffer any fatal injuries so they were discharged early. I can see in their posts that they’re doing just fine. Actually, they’re enjoying and having a lot of fun. And, I’m jealous that they can go wherever they want to go! I want to have fun too! I can’t wait to get out of the hospital. The first place I’ll go when I get discharged is amusement parks and malls. I’m going to have fun and live my life to the fullest!

I took the remote and opened the television.

“The well-known Pedelton High School is forced to shut down because of the incident. The report stated that many students were killed inside the school premises when they’re celebrating Intramurals Sports. The culprit is Franco Hablewitz, the adviser of Black Section, he’s the mastermind of the tragic incident that lead to many deaths of the students. His real name is Steel Douglas, a former politician, his family was killed by uncertain murderers which lead him to go crazy and planned this in the beginning. Other informations were sealed and cannot be known to the public,” the reporter stated. Lustitia, incorporation wasn’t included in the report. Uncle must have used his connections so that the assassins in Lustitia, inc. related to the incident will not be a part of the report. I closed the television. As Leomord predicted, all the news is about Pedelton High School’s incident. Whatever channel I go through, it’s about the issue in our school. That’s why he told me to rest for a month and wait until the news and the people will calm down. Then, I glanced at the flash drive once more.

“I don’t have anything to do. I’ll watch it now,” I muttered. Maybe it’s a movie! From the start, Leomord knew I’m bored as hell and wanted me to watch a movie. I inserted the flash drive in the USB port of the television. There’s only one video. I clicked and played it. The video is being played at the time. The moment I saw the content of the video, I suddenly released the remote in my hands and covered my mouth. My eyes started to get watery.

“How do I start this? Oh! It’s already recording hehe,” he said in the video.

“Gus…” So, this is not a movie but Gus’ video recording before he died. He must have decided his fate. He made up his mind that he’ll die that day. I bit my lower lip. As her friend, I didn’t notice the hints in his actions. There’s still a part of me that blames myself why he died.

“First of all, please don’t cry. Knowing you, you’ll probably blame yourself to what happened. Don’t blame yourself and don’t be sad. It hurts me the most to see the woman I love that is hurt because of me so smile. You’re prettier when you smile, Lu,” said Gusion in the video. I didn’t notice that I’m smiling already.

“Gus, you're already dead but you’re making me feel this way. This is truly unfair!” I threw the pillow at the television.