TWELVE

Roman called Greta but each time it went to voice mail

"This is Greta. I'm unavailable. Please leave a message" the voicemail spoke before Roman angrily pressed end call,"shes not answering."

"Really? Couldn't hear her obnoxious voice over my hatred over you." Nikolina said sarcastically.

"You promised you'd forgive me" Roman defended.

"That was before i knew you and your psychotic family was holding my family hostage!" Nikolina snapped.

"Nik, Im sorry" he pleaded.

"You don't deserve my forgiveness." Nikolina said to him.

"You do the math, Roman. Why else would she send you to the middle of nowhere? If she really wanted Hope and Nik just to do the binding spell she would've kept you in mystic falls, or-or sent you to New Orleans." Hayley says.

"I trust her, okay?" Roman said.

"Yeah that's what shes counting on" Hayley pleaded.

"She's not how you think!" Roman snapped,"when i was a kid, werewolves literally tore my family apart. And then left me for dead. Greta saved me. She treated me like a son. She gave me a new family. Until your father showed up and killed mine because of him-"

"Your father was killing werewolves! My father did what he could to help them!" Nikolina said in a low growl.

"because of him, i spent 50 years desiccated in a cave. But the whole time Gretta never stopped looking for me. She never gave up. Shes a good mother" Roman said to Nikolina.

"No, Roman. She's not a mother. She expects things from you that no mother ever should. A mother who really loved her son wouldn't use him as a soldier. Don't you see? She has trained you to become a terrorist." Hayley spoke in a motherly tone to Roman.

"Just shut up, okay?!" He yelled refusing to believe it,"she just wants us to live separately, in-in peace."

"Until everyone she doesn't consider "pure" is annihilated. She wants us dead. You know I'm right" Hayley pleaded.

"She would never do that" Roman shook his head.

"Dude! You're in a nazi cult. A terrorist group" Nikolina spoke.

"And you're so sure. You're so sure that your willing to risk our lives on it. To risk Nik's. And Hopes." Hayley said to him before Nikolina stood up.

"Roman. You have to let us go." Nikolina spoke softly. "If you let us go, I promise I'll forgive you. The two stared at each other for a few good seconds.

"I have to make a phone call, okay?" He said before leaving the room. Nikolina and Hope immediately going to untie Hayley. But struggling.

"Keep trying. You can do it" Hayley assured the girls.