NINE

"So im like cursed? Predicted to be the downfall of what, my family? New Orleans? The World?" Hope asked Freya

"I have no idea. But you deserve to know what's going on. And we all need to prepare for the possibility that things might not work out the way we want them to." Freya said looking between the two girls.

"You mean for my mom to die?" Nikolina asked raising an eyebrow Freya softly shaking her head.

"For what happens inside of Hope any time tragedy strikes. For when your emotions are tested in ways you couldn't even imagine." Freya said looking down.

"How can anyone prepare for that?" Hope snapped.

"You aren't just anyone Hope. You're a Mikaelson twin witch with, a terrifying amount of power, even without the darkness that your family is keeping you away from." Freya said informing Hope.

"So, what? Im so sensitive everyone's afraid im just gonna flip out?" Hope asked as she got more and more worked up.

"Well, when people like you two and me flip out, entire villages can burn" Freya chuckled before seeing the upset look on Hope's face,"look, i know what it's like to have your family thrust you into a situation where the world is on your shoulders and, you're not at all sure if you have the strength to carry it"

"And how's that working for you?" Hope deadpanned.

"Not well. It's why im not with the woman i love." Freya said looking at the ground.

"So then why don't you just... go back and deal with that and leave me to go and try and find our mother?" Hope snapped before storming off.

"Hope, stop." Freya said as she and Nikolina followed after her.

"Why? So you can keep stalling me?" Hope said not looking back.

"You can't shut down, or it'll eat you up inside." Freya pleaded.

"Leave me alone!" Hope said still walking.

"Hope." Nikolina spoke softly.

"I said leave me alone!" Hope yelled sending the place into flames.

"Hope! Stop it!" Freya yelled as Hope opened her eyes and calmed down, "Are you ready to talk now?" She said as Hope and Nikolina looked around at the minimal damage she caused.

After Hope's breakdown earlier Nikolina decided she needed a little bit of space. And separate rooms wasn't enough. so now she stood at the turret Henry jumped out of. A few minutes in footsteps could be heard approaching her.

"Is it just me, or is this room starting to get a reputation?" Roman said as Nikolina looking looked at him confused,"Henry Jumped, and you look like you might."

"I've had kind of a day" Nikolina smiled at him.

"Your mom?" He asked her as she raised her arms to shrug.

"No sign of her. And according to my aunt. All of the witches in New Orleans think that Hope's gonna melt the city if she doesn't come home." Nike informed him.

"She can do that?" He asked trying to lighten the mood.

"Probably. I don't know" Nikolina chuckled,"I think we're just tired of everyone being afraid of us because of our dad."

"That's understandable" he nodded.

"Now's the part that you're supposed to say that you're not." Nikolina said raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, I'm terrified. But I'm kind of a risk-taker" He said as Nikolina smiled at him. Freya clearing her throat to interrupt the two,"that's my cue"

Freya waited for him to leave before speaking,"Private audience with the boy who sweats diamonds. Nice."

"Aunt Freya he can hear you, he has vamp hearing!" Nikolina exclaimed embarrassed,"I'm sorry for being so angry recently. It just feels like my whole world is crashing down on me. I know I've probably been a handful recently. So im sorry"

"No. You shouldn't be. Look you didn't ask for any of this. You didn't start it. And neither did Hope." Freya reassured her.

"But according to the New Orleans witches shes the end of it. One way or another, right?" Nikolina said looking at Freya who nodded ever so slightly,"so what are we gonna do?"