THIRTEEN

"Mom!" Hope yelled sitting up from her sleep

"Hope." Freya said.

"Mom!" Hope yelled again.

"I'm here" Freya and Nikolina rushed over to her.

"What happened? Where is she?" Hope panicked.

"Breathe. You're safe now." Freya attempted to soothe her.

"Where's my mom?" Hope shouted as the light bulbs around her popped. Freya and Nikolina pausing before sitting on her bed. Hope scanning their tear stained puffy faces,"What?"

"She's gone" Freya spoke softly.

"No, no. No? No. No" she said as Nikolina pulled her into a hug. Hope crying out the words 'no' over again.

Nikolina was back her room getting ready for her mothers funeral. When she heard a knock on the door. She opened the door to reveal an old friend.

"Tony? Hi? What are you doing here?" Nikolina asked.

"I just wanted to see how you were doing. I'm sorry about your mom" he said to her.

"Thanks T. That means a lot. It really does." Nikolina smiled at him.

"Yeah. For sure. Just let me and the vamps know if you need anything." Tony told her.

"Yeah no of course. I'll see you when i get back in town?" Nikolina asked him.

"Yes ma'am. Ms. Forbes told me to send her condolences" he said to her.

"Tell her thanks for me. Alright i gotta get ready cause the planes gonna land for us in like 2 hours. But I'll see you when i get back" she told him as he nodded and then used his super speed to leave.

The 3 girls were now back in New Orleans in the start of Hayley's funeral. Nikolina and Hope looking around.

"Where's dad?" Hope asked.

"He'll be here soom he's just waiting on Ivy to help him with the astral projection" Freya reassured her.

"And everyone else?" Nikolina asks while looking around and not seeing anyone she recognizes.

"Marcel should be here. Vincent. There's josh" Freya says the two teens shifting there eyes to where josh stood. Josh waving at them as they waved back.

"What about Declan?" Hope asked.

"Please tell me someone told Declan." Nikolina said once seeing the look of stupidity wash over Freya's face.

"He's in Ireland. I was so focused on everyone else" Freya said.

"Oh my god, Freya" Hope said looking over at her.

"I'll fix it" Freya said.

"No. He loved Mom. He deserves to be told in person." Nikolina said waving the thought of sending him a text about it off.